010. national beauty

ミ★
"not to be dramatic, but it's kinda like magic"

Aubrey and Dave were having one of their daily facetimes one weekend when Natalie suddenly popped in. During the two weeks they had since New York, neither Natalie or any of Aubrey's friends had caught them talking to each other on a call so this was something new for the pair.

"Dave, you've been cooped up in your room for hours. The guys are asking if we're doing something tonight."

That was true. David and Aubrey started talking to each other since 7 p.m. LA time and it's now around 10 p.m. at night.

"I don't think so, Nat. We got a lot of footage today so I don't think we need to go out for more tonight. I'll just pick it up tomorrow."

They were about to get away with Natalie not knowing that they were talking when Aubrey accidentally dropped something from her desk which made a really loud sound. Natalie looked back in an instant, "Are you on a call?"

Dave glanced at his screen to see Aubrey's reaction. The girl just shrugged and mouthed, "Tell her, I don't care."

With her approval, David looked up to Natalie and told her that he's talking to Aubrey.

"Uuuu, Aubrey is that her name?" Natalie teased.

"That's me!" Aubrey hollered from the screen.

Hearing Aubrey's lighthearted tone Natalie jumped on the bed next to David, trying to have a look at the screen.

David groaned, using one of his arm to block Natalie out and the other to cover his screen. "Nat! No!"

"David let me see, I want to meet her!"

Throughout the whole thing you could hear Aubrey laughing by herself. "David! Let her! I want to meet her too!"

David relented and gave up on trying to shoo away Nat.
"Fine! Nat this is Aubrey, Aubrey this is Natalie."

"Hi! Nice to meet you!" Aubrey greeted cheerily once she saw Natalie sitting next to David calmly.

"Oh my god, hi! I've been wanting to meet you for so long."

Aubrey let out a small giggle, "Sorry about that, by the way, we're still trying to find our own pace."

"No, it's okay, I totally get it."

"Oh, yeah, you totally get it. That's why you just tried to wrestle me to meet her," David butted in.

Natalie slapped David's arm at the little comment, "Shut up!"

Aubrey laughed at their little banter. It was obvious that the two of them were really close. Aubrey was really glad that David had Natalie with him, she cannot imagine what it would be like if all his team were just regular employees, he'd probably go insane.

"So, you're from New York?" Natalie asked the girl.

"Not at all, I'm from California. I live in LA but I'm currently in London for this work trip thing. I should be back in like one and a half months, though."