070. extravaganza

ミ★
"give it up for mr and mrs dobrik everyone!"

Aubrey could not believe that she's about to do what she was about to do. She was going to get married to her boyfriend who she had only gotten back together with for a little over a year. Part of her was terrified. Hundreds of thoughts were running through her head but at the same time, not one, not even the most logical and cynical part of her could convince the Hughes girl that she was making the wrong decision.

David Dobrik was the man she calls her best friend, he had only made her felt nothing but love since they were together and she could never come up with anything better when it comes to how she wants to be treated. He was it.

There were definitely people who were cynical about their wedding. A generous amount of their fans and followers think that they were moving too fast, given the fact that they had only gotten back together for about 7 months before David proposed to her. And the two did talk about it, in fact, they had a really long conversation about when they should get married, but the two still couldn't find a real reason to wait. They both loved each other immensely and honestly, they're both act like they're married anyways, especially with the way they had both started to talk about their expanses and business to each other, so why not just make things official already?

David had proposed in the best way possible too. He had surprised her in New York and took her out on a date. They did almost the same thing they did when they first met. Ate a shit crap ton of junk food, strolled around in Central Park while having the dumbest conversations, and stopped for hot chocolate. The difference was, that night David took her to Times Square, which made Aubrey thought he was absolutely insane because it was a Friday night and it was swarming with tourists. They were definitely going to get mobbed.

But with the grace of God, they didn't. They made it to the middle of it all unscathed and that was when the theatrics started. Suddenly, Times Square went completely dark.

Everyone seemed to pause at that moment, as if they were slowly registering what had just happened. And then, just when a mass hysteria was about to start, all the lights went back up again, except all the screens and jumbotrons were showing the same thing, Aubrey's name.

The people who noticed that Aubrey and David were in the midst of them all started to move away a little, creating a circle around them. Numerous gasps and whispers were heard amongst them, absolutely confused at what's happening.

Aubrey was shocked beyond belief.

"Did you do this?" She asked her boyfriend.

David let out a gigantic but nervous grin, "Just watch."

'AUBREY HUGHES' the jumbotron read, before flashing the rest of the words in the sentence consecutively.

'WILL YOU....' It appeared for three seconds before...

'MARRY ME?'

Just like that gasps were heard all throughout Times Square, including Aubrey. Some were starting to 'aww' too.

Aubrey started tearing up when she saw that her boyfriend was already down on one knee, presenting her a blue box where her mother's engagement ring stood.

"Bree, you are hands down the most incredible person I have met my entire life. You've completely taken over everything in me, babe, and I'm yours for life. It terrifies me how much I love you and I'll be the dumbest guy on earth if I don't know that you're the woman I want to be with for the rest of my life. So, Aubrey Hughes, will you please make me the happiest guy on earth and marry me?"

The girl in front of David was speechless at this point, she couldn't gather any words so all she could do is nod at him, fully bawling at what he's done.