026. sweet

ミ★
"i'll make things a bit more real for you."

David and Aubrey got their food but decided to go somewhere else to eat. Aubrey let David chose where they were going to eat, and was thoroughly surprised when he took her to the beach.

"Why'd you take us here? I thought you didn't really like the beach?" Aubrey questioned.

"I saw this car and got inspired, thought it would be fun," David said nonchalantly.

Aubrey just went with it, she loved the beach anyways.

The both of them sat on a spot at the beach, taking out their food while looking out at the ocean.

"Wow," David let out a breath, "This is really nice."

"Yeah, I haven't been to the beach in a while," Aubrey told him.

"Me too, my friends always told me to go but I never wanted to because I thought it's a waste of time and the sun always drains the life out of me."

"Yeah, well at least now the experience is more special for you since you haven't been in a long time. I think if we go to the beach too often, it'll become less special and isn't that just sad, because look at this view! I don't ever want to get used to this."

"Totally."

David leaned his body closer to Aubrey. The beach was abnormally empty so he got to be as close to her as he wanted to. "I don't think we've ever actually went out together since New York."

David tilted his head in thought, thinking about what Aubrey just said. "Oh my god, we really haven't."

Aubrey shook her head, "That's what we get for being really busy, I guess."

"I know, is it weird that I kinda miss having you all to myself? Now, you're everybody's friend," David fake pouted.

"Hey, you have more friends than I do!" Aubrey pointed out, nudging David's shoulders with her own, "I have to share you with everyone else too, just take today for example."

"What if you don't have to?" David asked boldly, "What if you get to have me more than everyone else?"

David held his breath, unsure of how Aubrey will react. Is she ready for a relationship? Does she still want them to enjoy whatever it is they're doing?

"As in..." Aubrey trailed off, "I become your official girlfriend?"

"Yeah, that's exactly what I mean," David never sounded more sure in his life, "I've never been so into something my entire life. I want you, Aubrey. I want us. I want to be your person. Let's finally do this for real, Bree."

Aubrey was slightly taken aback at what David was proposing. She was more than ready to have a relationship with David, but after the weeks she spent with him in LA, she didn't expect him to do this so out of the blue.

Nevertheless, the girl covered her mouth with her hand in shock and happiness. "About fucking time, Dave!" She chuckled, "I've been wondering when you're finally going to say something, I was about to give up and just let things play out longer."

David let out a sigh of relief before joining her laughter, he was always such a wimp when it comes to these things since he gets so nervous for things. His palms were practically soaked in sweat. "Sorry, I didn't know you were that eager to be with me."

Aubrey slapped David's arm, to which he exclaimed, "Ow, Bree! We've been in a relationship for 10 seconds and this is how you treat me?"

"I barely put any power into it, wimp." Aubrey pat him on the back.