2

Talon carefully carries the soup back to his room. Now he just has to figure out a way to feed a comatose female until she wakes up. It is far to easy to choke an unconscious person while trying to give them something to drink or food.

He sets the soup down before going to his bed and arranging her into an upright position. He tries different ways of getting the soup into her mouth before he finally finds a pretty decent way that doesn't seem to choke her.

By the time he's finished he needs to change the sheets and blankets and her top as well. The trial and error approach made quite a mess of everything.

He does his best to keep his eyes off her chest as he changes her shirt, but he has a hard time doing so. Just like he'd had a hard time when bathing her. He's not sure just how much sleep he's going to be able to get that night.

"Hey, wow," Jet says coming in after eating. He hadn't realized that feeding the girl would be such a mess.

"I know, I'll get some blankets if you'll stay with her for a bit." Talon says rubbing is eyes. It had been a long day even before encountering the strange new girl.

"Go and eat, I'll get the bedding changed." Talon doesn't even argue, he just tiredly drags himself out of the room, taking the soup dishes down with him.

"I wonder what your name is little one? I hope you wake up soon. Talon won't let any one else around you for long and he needs to rest." Jet says softly to the sleeping girl even as he removes the soiled coverings. He'll wash these once Talon gets back.

Xera moans as she tries to wake up. She feels a hand gently touch her forehead. "Shit, she's burning up. Ethan, will you get me a bowl filled with water and a clean cloth?" She hears footsteps leave the room.

"Hush, go back to sleep. You need rest. Once you have rested a bit then we can talk." The male voice tells her. She almost cries out at the loss of the gentle hand on her forehead, but then it's replaced by a cool rag. She didn't even mind the water running down her face from the rag that wasn't wrung out sufficiently.

"Sorry," the male says and takes the rag off her face once more. Xera can't help but whimper at the loss. "Hush, I was just getting the extra water out of the rag." The cool cloth feels good against her burning skin.

Soon she finds herself falling back into the dark of her unconsciousness. She no longer hears the male.

"She wake up yet? Ethan said that she moaned a bit earlier." Jet asks coming to check on their female guest. Ethan had already dropped off a bag of clothes and supplies for the girl.

"She was in the midst of a fever dream. Once I was able to cool her down she fell back asleep. I am hoping that this sleep is a healing one." They once had someone in their group with healing abilities. He was able to teach Talon a few things, but not everything. Talon just hopes that he's not making anything worse.

The third day there is still little change. The fever, however, has left and that gives Talon some hope.

"Little one, it would sure make things a whole lot easier if you were to wake up. Then you could get something other than liquids into that stomach of yours. You are already far too skinny."

When he was helping her with her bath he'd noticed that although the bones didn't stick out, they were plainly visible. She might not have  been starved, but she hadn't been well fed either. He's not sure if it was abuse or just neglect on the part of her guardians, not even sure which would be better at this point. All he knows is that he's angry on her behalf.

He has to look away in order to calm himself down so that he doesn't lose control. That would be a disaster nearly the same level as when the girl lost control of the storm she called.

When Talon has himself under control once more he looks back to check on the unknown female and is shocked to find her staring right at him.

"Who are you and where am I?" She says after having to clear her throat a couple of times. She takes the glass of water eagerly, that Talon hands her. He has to stop her from gulping down the water too fast.

"My name is Talon and you are in my home. Before you ask any further questions let me call in my brothers. We have questions of our own we would like answered." Talon barely waits for her to nod her head before he leaves the room to call the others in to listen.

The female looks around the room.

It's a nice room, far nicer than the one she was allowed at her home. More than even her siblings had. She sighs, how would it be to have something this nice? But then again, she's received more positive attention from that stranger than she's ever received in her entire life. Maybe things are looking up.

There's a quick knock on the door and then Talon and two other males enter the room. The girl looks at the three males as they enter the room and feels more than a little intimidated and afraid. The only reason she isn't terrified is because she wasn't restrained or even locked in the room. But that doesn't stop her from shaking. She tries really hard to hide how scared she is.

The three boys aren't incredibly gorgeous, but they aren't any where near ugly either. Any one of the three look like they could easily restrain her. She's alone with three very strong males, all of them stronger than she is. Every horror story she's ever heard tell of races through her mind.

"Miss? Miss?" Talon says and the female puts her attention back on the boys.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" The girl looks like she's about to take off running. 

Talon looks at her and modifies his tone so that he doesn't frighten her unnecessarily. "It's alright, miss, we just wanted to know your name?"

The girl shakes her head and can feel a blush suffusing her cheeks. "Sorry, my mind wandered off. My name is Xera Ivy Lexicon." Xera tells them but then looks down afraid of their response.

She hears one of the boys breathe in sharply.

There is no other sound, and that makes her look up. "Did I say something wrong?" Xera says softly.

"How could you say something wrong when you only told us your name?" The second male says confused. "My name is Jet." Then he smiles at her. "You have a beautiful name, Miss Xera."

"My name is Ethan," the last of the males tells Xera.

"Miss Xera, we will do our best to answer any questions you might have, but first, we need you to tell us, to the best of your ability, what happened up until the time you no longer remember."

"How far back do you want me to go? My whole life story? That would take some time." Xera says more than a little sarcastically.

Talon smiles at her. "Going that far back won't be necessary. But if you could tell us from the time you got up in the morning until you don't remember any thing else, that would be great."