18

With things now straightened out and Stephanie feeling stronger they leave the room and go in search of the blood suckers.

"The alpha is here and has started his attack against the hell lab." Stephanie halts in the corridor as a giant explosion is heard even where they are and felt as well.

"Well, that helps to explain why there haven't been more guards down here to deal with." Jet says unthinkingly.

Stephanie halts there and looks at her males. "I don't want to know, do I?"

"No, you don't." Ethan assures her and urges her to continue on.

Although, she feels better now, Stephanie feels a dragging in her that tells of her tiredness. She isn't sure just how much she'll be able to help the prisoners in her state. She is still fretting about this even as they come to the door of the vampires.

"Open it up, Talon. Let me talk to them, please?"

Talon nods his head, but he's not happy about her being the one talking to the vampires. They are quite often tricky and are more than willing to take advantage of any deal made. You have to be very careful with what is and isn't said to vampires.

The four of them enter the nearly pitch black room. Stephanie flips on the switch and light floods the room causing the ones chained up to hiss in anger.

"I'm sorry, but there is only overly bright or none at all and I refuse to deal with you in the dark." Stephanie tells the four vampires chained before her. She doesn't like the smell of the burning flesh caused by the chains surrounding their flesh.

She hisses in anger at what she sees.

This stops the vampires from hissing at her. Which is smart of them especially since Ethan had fire ready to throw at them.

"Who are you?" The boldest of the vampires demands of them.

Stephanie smirks at him. "Yeah, I don't think so, before I tell you my name or my companions tell you theirs, you need to tell us yours.

"Before you say anything else, I would like to tell you that I can free you, not just from these nasty chains, but from all that they've injected into you."

Her words make the four vampires still. Impossibly still they stand and stare at her. Then three of them look at the boldest one. They wait for him to respond to her.

"How can you release us from that bondage? The injections have been pumped into us for years, have become part of our bodies. Some have even become necessary for us to live."

Stephanie looks sad at that. "It might not be possible for you after all." Stephanie holds her hand up to stop the vampire from talking. "Not because I can't do it, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to do it without killing you. I have no desire to have vampires coming after me for killing one of their own."

The bold one smiles, "I am not just a vampire, little witch, I am the king. So in that much you are right, they would come after you."

Stephanie shrugs, "I can do my best, if you are willing to take the chance, but," Stephanie takes a breath, "it involves fire. I will be sending low level flames to cleanse your blood and your body, basically. I'm not sure that I'll be able to keep the flames at a level that will burn the chemicals without inflaming your body."

That makes all four of the vampires step back from her.

The spokesman, their king finally demands. "Try it on me, if I survive then cleanse my companions."

Stephanie shakes her head. "I can't do that, king. I have no desire to have these psycho humans after me and vampires. I'm sorry."

The king hisses in outrage.