36

"Steven?" Stephanie queries as her chosen joins her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, just, it's been so long since I've actually had to plan anything as big as this." Steven gives a bitter laugh, "no, that's a lie, I've never planned something like this against something as fortified as a government facility."

"Are you worried?"

"Stephanie, so far the government only comes after a few of us and mostly through hunters. If we kill the people at this facility they will come after us in numbers. Numbers we won't be able to match."

"Yes, I know. I've thought a lot about how to go about things. Something needs to be done. They can't kill us, if we take them down before they can attack us then we can avoid casualties and the need to attack them in return.

"I think I know how to do it. It will be very tricky." Stephanie sighs dejectedly. She has big plans actually, but will she be able to do it without killing any of them? That's what has her up at this time.

"I'm surprised you are able to be out here without any of your consorts at your side," Steven murmurs softly as he places his arm around her waist.

"That's why you are here, is it not? To make sure that I'm not alone?" Stephanie asks more than a little amused.

Steven looks down embarrassed at her words.

"It's okay, Steven. I'm just surprised that they allowed you to be the one to come to me."

"We all wanted to, we actually had to draw straws. The others weren't that happy that I won."

"All of you played? I would think that that would be beneath Tracey," Stephanie decides to be amused by his confession rather than upset.

"Tracey was torn between you and talking to Dara." Steven admits sheepishly. "I think he was relieved that he lost the draw. I think, he, well all of us really, are worried about tomorrow. All the plans we made, we haven't found a way to breach the walls without a great deal of death on both sides. That is something we want to avoid at all costs. Only those that are rabid in our destruction need to die." Steven stops talking more than a little upset at what will be happening in just a few hours. Much to the dislike and distaste of the vampires. They decided to do the attack in daylight.

For that reason Tracey made sure that the vampires that are helping them are able to control themselves when fighting in daylight. There were more than a few that were less than happy about the decision. Even more that were absolutely furious when they were told that they couldn't kill the guards.

"Have you looked at the weather report for that area?" Stephanie asks with a secretive smile reminiscent of the Mona Lisa.

"No, I haven't paid attention to the human world lately, I've been caught up in the planning of the facility break." Steven says more than a little exasperatedly.

"Well there is a storm coming off the east and a high pressure that will be hitting that low pressure storm. I can guarantee that the resulting storm is going to be something to write home about."

Steven lets go of her and turns her around. "What?"

"I'm creating the storm system of the century. It should hit about a mile from the facility, if my math is correct any way. I was always terrible at those damn story problems so I had some one else check things for me. They said if the winds stay the same then the clash should take place about a mile from our objective at about the time we want to attack the facility. I can make sure that a super cell forms and the tornado is formed from it. I can control the tornado so that it comes towards the facility and hits the wall in at least two places if not the whole damn thing. I can't control if they are stupid to remain on the wall or the watch towers with a tornado heading their way.