29

"Stephanie, every one is moved in. The females from Luke's pack will help them find furniture and some clothes. Those that can work will start hunting, but we'll fund them until then. The children are all signed up for online schooling until they are caught up to where they should be and taught how to deal with non super natural people. There is nothing more that we can do here. We've already gotten our apartment set up, it's time we take down the council." Talon reports and finishes that last part with a wide smile on his face.

"I miss Jet and Steven. Have we heard anything from them since they left for the council?" Stephanie frets more than a little anxiously at having two of her consorts not with her and being around females that are known for sleeping with the powerful. There aren't many more powerful than those two. The only ones are those with her.

"Yeah, Jet talked to me last night. They have successfully made it to council territory. They are staying in his house there. Today they will be meeting up with Steven's sisters and brother to gauge things with them." Ethan says softly. He hasn't said anything but he is nervous for Jet and Steven as well. 

After they had all finished consummating their mate bonds the night before, one of Tracey's vampires made a move on Jet. The pain that Stephanie felt, wasn't anything compared to the blistering and sores that erupted all over where the vampire kissed him. Her pain was far stronger than any that they experienced, but they still felt a phantom of it, to Stephanie it was like acid.

The memory of what Stephanie said and how she said it still makes Ethan more than a little afraid of her.

"Get the fuck away from him before I kill you!" None of them had ever heard Stephanie speak in such a cold and furious tone before. But then again no one has ever caused her such pain before.

"Get your fucking hands and mouth off of my consort before I kill you." This time there is no doubt in any one's mind that Stephanie would do just that. Might have had something to do with the fireball that was already in her hands ready to be released.

The vampire had stopped kissing the unresponsive male and taken a step back. "What's it to you what I do with this fine specimen?"

"What's it to me? That's my chosen you piece of shit. What the fuck did you do to him?"  Jet hadn't moved even once the vampire stepped away. Only then did she notice that Steven was also there and unmoving. "What the hell did you do to them both?"

Stephanie turns her furious gaze to her newest mate, "This is how your people are going to serve me?" Tracey winces. Her mouth is red and weeping from the blistering and popping of some of the blisters.

"Jezey, release them. I warned you that the witches are hands off unless they give you permission. If you make a liar out of me your death won't be the relatively easy one of fire that Queen Stephanie is ready to deliver to you, it will take years before I will allow you the release of true death." The mocking look in the vampire's eyes disappears and real fear ignites. All the vampires are afraid of fire, so her being afraid of that is understandable, but she hadn't seemed all that worried. It was Tracey's warning that frightened her.

"Forgive me, Queen Stephanie, I hadn't realized that these two were your consorts." Jezey hurriedly releases the two witches from their stasis. Jet reacts immediately by slapping the vampire as hard as he can. She falls down and remains there looking at the ground in shame.

"Permit me, Stephanie to make things better?" Tracey humbly asks her, offering her his bitten arm so the she can drink some of his blood.

"I can't, it hurts to even move my mouth. That bitch forced her tongue all over Jet's mouth." They can all feel the pain she suffers when she swallows.