5.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 5

    kiara tapped her bangos sitting on the table in front of her. pope watches, jj randomly threw pebbles, and olivia sat and thought about thousands of things. the one mostly being was, how can jj be so careless?

"look, i'm calling it off." john b walks out of the small shack with a giant stick in hand. "peterkin said she'd help me with the dcs if i stay out of the marsh."

olivia was surprised john b called the mission off completely. then again, john b needed an extra hand with the dcs so it might now have been a bad idea. "okay, that's it."

"and you believed her?" jj comments quickly. unlike the rest of the group, he kept pushing and pushing for what he wanted.

"yes i believed her." john b shrugs his shoulders for complete obvious reasons.

"an actual cop, john b. you believed a cop." jj chuckles under his breath and throws another rock in anger.

"all i gotta di is stay out of the marsh for a couple days and she'll help me out!" john b yells in frustration. "it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting the gun."

olivia knew he was right, she just didn't want to speak up in a time like this. that would only get jj angrier about the situation he argued for.

"i should have let topper drown your ass." jj says in annoyance.

"jj, seriously?" olivia scoffs.

"yeah, cause topper was going to drown me." john b rolls his eyes at jj who could care less about what he's saying. the problem is, he wasn't thinking.

"sure looked like it. i mean, have you looked in the mirror?"

"come on. tell me some more." john b eggs the boy on.

"they always win. don't they? kooks vs pogues. they always always win!" jj hits something angrily.

"jj it's okay!" kiara tries to calm him down.

"no it's not okay!" jj turns back around. "it's not! they don't want us going down to the marsh, that means there's something valuable down there and you know it."

john b shakes his head. everyone knew jj was right about that one. he made a good point. if there was the body of scooter grubbs and the sunken ship, there must be something going on the cops don't want them to see.

"i know why you know what to go down there. you're the golden boy you have to much to lose." jj points at pope before turning to the girls "and you two, you guys are already rich as fuck anyway. why would you bother. but you and me man, we got nothing to lose! we really don't. and i know it didn't use to be that way for you."

"i don't want to talk about this." john b mumbles to the blonde and storms past him.

"so that's it? listen to me, i have a plan." jj follows john b to tell him is bright idea.

kiara, pope, and olivia give each other look knowing jj was up to no good yet again. it didn't matter whether they followed the plan or not, they didn't have anything to care about anyway.

john b listens closely to what jj has to say. he turns around once jj finishes his great idea. "alright then, let's go."

john b sets off on his own after telling everyone he had to grab something. the rest of the group stays behind and waits for john b to come back which he did shortly after.

john b learned a long time ago that he should never listen to jj. the boy always convinced john b to do something stupid even when they never got caught for it.