16.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 16

    olivia didn't even put up a fight the evening of midsummers. she didn't want to fight anymore knowing it wouldn't get her anywhere except in deeper trouble.

so, there she stands in front of her mirror, examining her silky navy blue dress. it was really pretty, actually, though she hated dressing up.

"you look beautiful." her mom smiles, placing a shiny silver hair clip in her daughters hair.

olivia nods her head in satisfaction. half of her hair was pulled up in a bun while the other half of down. she left it curled, so it stopped right at her butt. "thanks, mom."

"we're meeting rafe, sarah, and topper at the party early. aren't you excited?" her mom stands behind her excitedly clapping her hands together.

"super." she stages a smile whether she mom believes it or not.

"are we leaving yet?" noah walks into olivia's room dressed in a black tux. he was supposed to meet a girl there that's he's been "talking" to for the past few months.

"look at my kids, all grown up." their mom pulls them together, looking at her two kids.

"we should go." olivia says uncomfortably. she wished she could put on a show, but she couldn't. she felt very awkward all dressed up and ready to go to a party she didn't even want to go to.

"you sound so excited." noah nudges his sister.

"uh huh. i would be if i was going alone." olivia rolls her eyes.

"rafe is super excited." noah laughs. he knew olivia didn't want to be rafe's date, and that's exactly why he found it funny.

"he's gonna ruin it all." olivia walks past him.

"hey honey. you look beautiful." her dad compliments her nicely.

"thank you." again, olivia forces a smile.

"i better not see you hanging out with those dirty pogues tonight." her dad warns, remembering last year when john b and jj showed up unexpectedly.

"dad stop. they won't be there." olivia scoffs.

"the blonde you always hang out? he got arrested for sinking toppers boat!" her father brings up his arrest which worried her more.

"it was an accident." olivia sighs, climbing into the car without another word.

it was a quiet car ride to cameron's house, for olivia at least. she stared out the window the whole time wishing she could ditch and surf the waves with her fiends. more importantly, she was worried about where jj was.

olivia gets out of the car once the family arrives. she goes straight to sarah who's wearing a white dress with a cute vine halo in her hair. "you look gorgeous!"

"so do you oh my gosh!"

the girls go on and on about how gorgeous they look. they did it often even when they were dressed in sweats and a shirt.

the cameron's and wilkin's families talk for some time. olivia almost forgot rafe's absence until noah pointed it out.

"olivia, look who it is." noah takes his sister, motioning to rafe coming down the stairs.

her mood drops when she sees him even though he's her date. she will admit that he does look nice, but his personality definitely didn't match that. he wore a blue tux and pants with a white shirt under it topping it off with a black tie.