9.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 9

    after a while of no show from john b and kiara, olivia leaves for the wreck to see if her friend was there. every once in a while she would meet kiara there and help her out with her job, other times she would pull her aside and just talk while eating the food.

the walk was long and dragged on. it was boring walking by herself sometimes without her friends. she still worried for jj, but he was with pope and he reassured her that he was fine. the two stayed back just in case the their two others found their way to his house.

olivia expected to see cop cars driving down the street with her friends inside, but luckily she didn't see any cops on the way. a thousand thoughts raced through her mind still. both kiara and olivia's parents are rich enough to bail him out, but it wouldn't be easy to convince them to do so.

"hey mr. carrera! how've you been?" olivia opens their door to the restaurant, meeting kiara's father at the counter. "have you seen kiara around?"

"she's in the back." mr. carrera smiles, motioning to the back where they kept ingredients.

"thank you!" olivia smiles.

"you came back to finish your job? you know we've all been waiting for you. workers have been asking about you." mr. carrera admits. olivia was the only person out of the pogue friend group he liked. maybe it was because she's also a kook, she never knew why, but she was grateful for it.

"i'm back today, aren't i?" olivia grabs her apron that's been waiting on the rack for her for weeks.

"yes you are. better get back to work." mr. carerra says while he continues cooking.

olivia walks to the back where he told her kiara would be. thankful enough, kiara was there organizing the ingredients. "you didn't meet at jj's."

kiara jumps when she hears the girl behind her. "olivia, hey."

"what happened at the lighthouse? where's john b?" olivia closes the door so no one else could hear the girls talk about their little mission.

"he uh... he got arrested." kiara scratches the back of her neck. "but we bailed him out. i don't know where he went."

"what?" olivia shouts. she almost expected this to happen once the cops showed up to the lighthouse. "what happened?"

"the worker dude called the cops on us once john b brought up the compass and got all freaked out about his father." kiara sets down a can to focus on the conversation.

"god, that sucks." olivia runs her hand through her hair.

"yeah, i know." kiara goes back to her job. "you're back?"

"i just came back to find you. but i guess i'll help out." olivia laughs, tying her apron on.

"okay. i'm just waiting for john b to show up." kiara rolls her eyes just thinking about the boy and his crazy thoughts and actions that got him arrested. "i got the compass."

"you do? can i see it?" olivia takes the compass kiara had in her back pocket. examining the redfield carving, she questions as to what it could mean if the lighthouse gave them no answers.

"i'm telling you, we should drop this..." kiara rambles on about how crazy the whole idea is and how bad she feels for the boy who's pushing it on.

"what's going on between you two?" olivia cuts her off.

"w-what?" kiara stumbles on her words as she drops her job and turns to olivia again.

"do you like him? i see the way you look at him." olivia smirks at the carerra girl.