13.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 13

    john b jumped into the water with kiara following close behind. pope and jj stood behind the drone controls while olivia sat on the ledge with her feet dangling in the water.

even with the comfort of jj, she still couldn't shake her uneasy feeling off. she didn't want to go to midsummers, the only thing keeping her up is that kiara, sarah, and even pope will be there.

"what would we do without you controlling the drones?" jj pats popes shoulder before leaning against the ledge of the dock.

"technically it's not a drone." pope corrects the blonde who only shushes him in response.

kiara and john b resurface, john b shaking his head like a dog and kiara swimming back over to the ladder. "you should come in. it's nice." kiara smiles up at olivia.

"it's fine. i didn't bring my bikini today." olivia keeps her eyes on the bracelet her mom bought her years ago. it was a cute silver bracelet that had her name engraved across it.

"hey look, once we get footage of the wreck then we'll bring it to a lawyer in town." john b shouts from the water.

"it's such bullshit why we have to do that." jj complains yet again.

"there is a law. you can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." pope joins jj in leaning against the ledge, informing him as to why it was necessary to get a lawyer involved.

"lawyers aren't cheap bro." the blonde squints over at john b still in the water with kiara.

"once they see the footage then they'll work."

"how do you know all that?"

"cause my dad has a million times." john b answers kiara's question.

olivia stands up when kiara starts climbing the ladder. she looks out at the incoming storm and lets out a sigh.

"so now we gotta wait around for the right weather." pope notices the storm too.

"and today is not that day." olivia turns back around to her friends.

olivia starts for jj's bike so they can go hang out at the beach. that's what they planned for the day even though the storm would ruin it all. it was only them two going since olivia didn't want to go back home.

"you okay?" jj asks, passing olivia an extra helmet.

"i'm fine, let's go." the girl pushes away her sorrow.

"hey, jj." pope rushes over to the two. "can you help me with the groceries? my pops needs my help today and there's so many deliveries."

jj looks over at pope, about to turn the boys question down until olivia speaks up. "go help him out."

"wait, liv-"

"it's fine, jj. i'll help john b with the map or something. pope needs your extra help." olivia passes back the helmet.

"i'm sorry, guys. i didn't know." pope backs away, obviously uncomfortable by the way he broke the duos plans.

"it's going to storm anyway. maybe another day." olivia nods her head in confirmation before walking away to find john b sitting by his house with the map. sitting across from him, she lets out a long sigh.

"long day?" john b chuckles.

"long night, long day." she leans over to examine the map with the brunette. "did you guys find the coordinates?"