15.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 15

     "don't let him get to your head, brother. there's three of them and two of us. that's some typical kook shit right there." jj tries to calm a nervous pope down.

the group, other then john b, gathered in mr. heywards shop to calm themselves down. it was a rough night of no sleep and constant questions back and forth. eventually kiara and olivia gave up on asking the two what they did.

"hey pope! there's someone here for you." mr. heyward enters the shop.

officer shoupe follows his father into the shop, making eye contact with pope right away. the two boys sit up nervously and waits for whatever he had to say.

"why a cop?" olivia whispers to kiara.

"arrest warrant for distraction of property. keep your hands on the counter where i can see them." officer shoupe hands mr. heyward a slip of paper.

pope turns to look at jj with a fearful expression. in no way did he actually expect to get arrested for something he did.

"woah woah woah, what did he do?" mr. heyward try's to stop the cop, but to no avail he couldn't.

"take a look at the warrant." officer shoupe takes popes hands and puts them behind his back.

"sorry, you're arresting him?" kiara drops her hands to the side.

"jj what did you do? the fuck did you guys do?" olivia angrily turns to the blonde who's standing behind her watching his friend helplessly.

"everything you say can and will be used against you." shoupe reads off his rights while he cuffs the frightful boy.

"how much did they pay you? how much did they pay you?" jj pushes past the girl to the officer arresting pope.

everything gets foggy as shoupe ignores the questions and leads pope out of the shop. not even mr. heyward got an answer about his son.

everyone follows the two out, arguing back and forth with each other. olivia and kiara didn't even know how to react if they didn't even know what went down before hand.

jj tried to fight off an officer, but he didn't bother knowing the officer could arrest him too. it didn't help that olivia kept shouting at him asking why pope was getting arrested.

officer shoupe was about to get pope into the car until jj speaks up, "it wasn't him!" jj yells through all the commotion. "it was me. he tried to talk me out of it, but i was mad that he just got beaten up. i was so sick of those assholes from figure eight that i lost my shit. i can't let you take the blame for something i did, you got too much to lose."

olivia moves over beside kiara, holding her hand over her mouth. she didn't want either of her friends getting arrested for something the kooks basically made them do. her mind carried off to rafe and his friends. even her brother for crying out loud. they beat pope up, jj and pope stuck up for theirselves, and now he's getting arrested all because of figure eight.

"jj what are you doing?" pope questions.

"i'm telling the truth. for once in my god damn life, i'm going to tell the truth. i took his old mans boat too."

"what the hell?" mr. heyward questions the boy also.

"jj come on." pope fights.

"just shut up pope! just shut up." jj quiets his friend. "he's a good kid. you know where i'm from. it was all me."

"that's the whole truth?" shoupe looks at pope who looks like he's seen a ghost. nothing could have prepared him for getting arrested let alone his best friend admitting he did it himself.

jj looks back at olivia who now has tears in her eyes. he was supposed to protect her, now god only knows what's going to happen to him or how long they'd be away from each other.

the blonde looks back at the boy in handcuffs. making eye contact with him, he nods his head lightly letting him know that it's okay.

"yes." pope lets the officer know everything jj said was true.

olivia's heart drops some more, running up to jj to give him a hug. unfortunately he couldn't hug back because of shoupe handcuffing him, but all he could do was tell her he'd be okay.

the officer then grabs jj and helps him into the back of the car. the girl grabs onto pope and takes him back to where kiara was standing.

jj and olivia exchange one last look before shoupe pulls out of the shop and down the street, taking the blonde away from his friends.

olivia hated seeing him go. if only the two told the girl what had happened, she felt as if she could have helped them in some way. that's why she was there, right?

"come here." kiara pulls olivia into a warm hug. she seen how close the two have gotten over the year and especially how they've been acting around each other lately. "he'll be fine. i promise."

the thing is, olivia didn't know that. she knew his father was going to go off on him no matter how he did it. jj didn't have anyone else to help him other then the friend group.

"pope come here." kiara opens her arms so he could join their hug.

if anything, pope felt guilty. he was the one who got jumped therefore he felt as if it was his responsibility to take action and be in jj's spot. maybe they shouldn't have even done anything in the first place.

"midsummers is coming up. we're gonna have fun, okay?" kiara smiles at her two friends. "even you, liv. we'll hang out the whole time. okay?"

olivia nods her head and wipes the tears off her face. kiara always found the good in things and now is the time she needed to comfort her friends.