22.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 22

    the hms pogue speeds down the marsh in the middle of the evening. It was nice and sunny out, perfect for a little boat trip.

pope and olivia told kiara that they need help fixing a boat that some friend owns, telling her they need her for mechanical purposes.

"john b and jj are there to help." pope says once we pull up to the boat.

"can't you guys do anything without me?" kiara brushes her hair out of her face and climbs onto the boat to help john b and jj.

"do you think this will work?" olivia turns to pope. knowing kiara she will hold a grudge against them for the rest of the day, maybe even year.

"yeah, it'll work. it's not like sarah can actually swim back." the boy snickers as he watches kiara walk into the small room with jj and john b.

while kiara bends down to check whatever they needed, the boys leave her to fix the boat when they jump back into the water and head back to the hms pogue, but she notices almost right away.

"john b!" she yells, but she has to stop due to sarah being locked in the basement of the boat.

kiara bends down and opens the hatch that Sarah was stuck in. the brunette opens it, coming face to face with the blonde. "guys!" kiara runs to the edge once she realizes sarah is on the boat with her, "are you serious?"

the two girls stand on the edge, watching the others drift away. so far the girls are stuck on the boat with each other. the plan worked.

"get your asses back here!" kiara yells.

"can't! not until you two figure it out!"

"i will kill every one of you!"

"olivia please help us out!"

"sorry, girls. i love you both!" olivia chuckles, sitting down on the front of the hms pogue.

"You can't just leave!"

"there's food in the cabinet and jj rolled a blunt!" pope gives them a thumbs up before driving away.

john b, jj, pope, and olivia drive back to the dock while kiara and sarah were stuck together. they plan on leaving them there overnight to figure out their differences.

olivia decides to stay on the dock with her legs dangling in the water. it would be a nice day to go surfing besides the fact kiara and sarah are stranded in the middle of the marsh.

"hey you." jj sits beside the brunette.

"hey." olivia cooed, placing her head on jj's shoulder.

"i miss hanging out with you." jj pulls the girl closer to him. the whole gold hunting and running away from square groups wasn't the whole summer plan they wanted let alone expected.

"what do you mean? i'm right here." olivia squints at the setting sun.

"i mean, just you and i. i don't know." jj shrugs his shoulder lightly thinking about how stupid he must sound. they're in the same friend group, so he gets to see her everyday.

olivia chuckles. "don't worry, i get what you mean. and i miss you too."

the blonde smiles softly, letting his mind drift off to the times he taught her how to surf and when they would sneak up to her roof and look at the stars late at night.

olivia missed it too. it's more difficult now since his dad got worse over the past year. she would try her best to avert his attention away from back home, but sometimes it got the best of him.