20.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 20

    john b told the group to meet up at his house even though he never said why. he just didn't want the friend group to get all angry when he brought up sarah. it was bad enough that kiara didn't like sarah, but he didn't want her to brainwash everyone else also.

jj and olivia sit in the kitchen for some time. she decided to make a sandwich to serve her hunger. it would do for the time being since she figured john b was taking them somewhere new for their daily gold hunting activity.

"does the bread have mold on it?" jj walks up behind her, examining the bread on her plate.

"not at all. i bought some food this morning. want some?" olivia tosses the loaf of bread to the blonde.

"duh." he smiles, joining her in sandwich making.

olivia spreads the peanut butter on the bread and slices it into triangles like she did every time. it was something she would do since she was younger. "you never told me how you got those cuts and bruises on your face."

jj was taken aback by her sudden words. he never cared to explain cause she had her own problems going on. "the whole fight with rafe, remember?"

olivia looks at him in disbelief. "they weren't as bad. plus i helped you clean those up, they should be healing by now."

jj sighs and sets the knife down. he knew the girl wouldn't drop the question no matter how hard he tried to change the subject.

olivia's face falls when the blonde wouldn't answer her question. she knew something went down once jj went home after leaving the police station.

"i-i-" jj couldn't seem to let the words fall out of his mouth.

instead of saying anything, the girl pulls him into a tight hug. she felt bad for him all the time even when he reassured her he was fine. he was supposed to be the strong one in the friend group. "it'll be okay."

jj hugs her back right away. he held his tears back pretty well, but he was used to it so it wasn't too hard for him to do. "it's whatever, i guess."

"it's not whatever, j. you don't deserve what's going on back at your house." olivia mumbles softly.

jj shakes his head and pulls apart from the hug. he didn't know whether he deserved it or not. he did cause a lot of trouble and he would let his friends down a lot. it was natural now.

olivia notices his change of mood and continues making her sandwich. jj simply watches her do so, carefully smiling at the way she makes it. "don't you want one?"

"i'm not hungry." the boy shoves his plate aside, putting the bread back in the cabinet.

"you have to eat something." the girl hands him half of her sandwich, but he only pushes it alway.

"it's fine." jj shoves it away. "we should go. john b will be here soon."

olivia nods her head, following jj outside while carrying her plate with her. jj and pope sit in the two seater couch while olivia leans against the wall with her plate. kiara impatiently waits for john b's arrival for whatever he had to say.

"oh my god." kiara mumbles under her breath when she sees john b walk up the stairs with sarah beside him.

"hey guys." john b gives them all a small smile. he sits on the edge of the bench, sarah sitting on it.

"no f-ing way." kiara begins to pace back and forth, "what she's in on this now?"

everyone shrugs, making all the 'I don't know' noises. no one knew what to say, including olivia.