18.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 18

    blasting music and tired eyes, john b stops the van by the tower he plans on meeting sarah on. it was late at night and the girls were still dressed in their dresses, but neither of them minded.

"let's hit it boys!" jj and pope shout excitedly, opening the door to the van.

"yo guys! i-i think i'm gonna do this one myself." john b looks nervously between his friends.

kiara rolls her eyes and sits back on the chair. "really?" jj questions, fixing his hat.

"i just don't want to spook sarah with a peanut gallery." john b makes up an excuse as to why he doesn't want his friends coming with.

"i just don't understand why we're involving her at all." kie speaks up for the first time since john b moved them to the van.

"we're not involving her, okay? it's just like a business meeting thing." john b shrugs.

kie looks at him with pursed lips and questioning eyes. not once did she believe his lies involving sarah cameron.

jj pretends to gag on his cigarette, making gagging noises to represent what john b and sarah might be doing. pope laughs along with him and olivia in the backseat of the van.

"once we get what we want then we'll cut her loose, alright?" john b says, ignoring what jj just did. "plus we need a map."

"promise me nothing is happening." kie looks at the brunette seriously.

while that was going on, olivia plays with her fingers and ignores the whole situation. there was something going on between the two and she knew it, but she wasn't going to call them out for it.

making eye contact with the boy in front, she gives him a questioning look as for what he's going to say. will he promise? yes. will he break it? probably.

"nothings happening kie." john b whispers to her in a tone that made her sound like the crazy one.

"i'm being serious. this isn't about you! this isn't about us. this is about her. she's going to get inside your head. just promise me nothings happening between you guys." kie's voice drops calmingly. she didn't want john b getting hurt just like she did from a little over a year ago.

"i promise." john b locks eyes with kie. a part of him was hurting lying to his best friend, but it might be the only way kiara let's it go. "anyways, i'm going to take care of business."

"you're going to take care of that business so well." jj shakes his head unbelievably.

"we're just gonna sit here. in the hot ass car while it's lightning." pope sighs, wiping his forehead.

john b slams the car door shut and heads to the tower. the rest of the pogues sit in the van and waits impatiently for his return, however long that may be.

"kiara, holding grudges is like drinking poison." pope points out to the girl lousily sitting with her head in her hand.

olivia didn't fully understand the whole fight between kiara and sarah. all she knew was that sarah didn't invite kiara to a party. she invited olivia though, but kiara wasn't mad because she didn't know the girl during that time.

"it'll be fine. this will be fun." olivia takes kiara's hand, trying to calm the girl down.

"it'll be fun for john b and sarah." jj jokes as he plays with the lighter in his hand.

"shut up, jj." olivia hits the blondes shoulder angrily.

"make me." his smirks playfully.

"oh shit." pope gags on his saliva and covers his mouth with his hand. "do you think that's the conversation john b and sarah are having?"

"hand me over the map!" jj deepens his voice to sound like john b's. "make me." he then speaks like sarah would. "oh john b! keep going john b!" the boy moans in a girly voice, trailing his hands up and down his shirt.

"you guys are so gross." olivia moves so she's sitting beside kiara. pulling her close, she lets her lay her head on her shoulder. she didn't fully understand how kiara felt, but a part of her felt as if kiara felt replaced.

the boys stop laughing when they see how serious olivia and kiara are taking them situation. the girls were not having it right now and they knew that.

"do you believe john b?" kiara mumbles to the girl sitting beside her.

olivia thinks for a moment. she should trust the boys promise, but she really didn't. "i think we should have faith that he is keeping his promise." was all she could say.

the friends play around some more while waiting for their friends return. they were impatient and bored as the storm carried on, loud thunder cracking through the sky.

kiara picks up her head quickly, looking at the trees in front of the van. "do you guys hear that?"

"what?" pope and jj stop their talking and listen in.

"what do you hear?" olivia sits up right to listen closer to whatever kie was talking about.

"somebody help!"

"oh yeah i definitely hear that!" jj says as they all run out the van and down the small rode john b walked minutes ago.

"sarah what happened?" pope and jj get there first followed by kiara and olivia.

"he needs help. topper shoved him." sarah cries with the brunette laying unconscious in her arms.

"where the hell is he?" jj looks around for any sign of topper.

"please please help. i don't care. just call for someone." sarah cries.

pope takes off for the van once again. he ran as fast as he possibly could although his body shakes for his friend. "pope hurry!" he hears kiara yelling after him.

"he'll be okay." olivia mumbles under her breath. "right? he'll be okay." she looks at jj for reassurance. that far of a fall could do anything to his body.

"y-yeah." jj holds the girls hand. he didn't even know what will happen.

"john b stay with me." sarah caresses his hair and lets the tears slip down her cheeks. she lightly kisses the boys lips upsettingly, touching them softly with her thumb after.

kiara watches them in disappointment after john b promised her nothing was going on. she should have known better of herself not to even ask him to promise that, but he did, and he broke it.

authors message !

18 chapters later and my babies still
have not kissed yet 😔