32.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 32

    the wilkins family piles up in their car with frowns on their faces. the only maybank boy sat beside olivia with his head laid on her shoulder.

the friends couldn't even comfort each other because of their own emotions. there wasn't anything to say or do after the events that just happened.

mrs. wilkins pulls up in front of jj's house so he can gather his things. the family decided to bring jj into their house, for the time being at least. he had clothes at olivia's house from the times he's snuck over, but he wanted his bag.

this time olivia follows him into his house without a question being asked. jj stops when he sees his dad still sprawled out on the couch. it was a sight he was used to seeing yet he still hated it every time.

"come on." olivia takes his arm and pulls him into his room to gather his things.

she sat on his bed and watches him shove clothing and supplies into his bag. the two were silent the whole time except for their little sniffles.

john b didn't even have anything to do with peterkins death. he was only trying to help sarah after ward forcefully dragged her onto the plane. it was terrible knowing the story that never got a chance to be heard.

when the blonde is done, olivia quickly gets him out of the house before his dad could wake up from whatever he's on. they got back into the car and drove the rest of the way to olivia's house.

"jj, you can stay in the guest room. it's close to noah's so if you need any help you can ask him. olivia will show you where it's at." mrs. wilkins turns to the boy lazily sleeping on olivia when they pull up in their driveway.

"thank you, mr and mrs. wilkins." he thanks the two.

olivia shows him his room that her parents want him staying in. it was pretty much empty except for the furniture and the extra blankets sitting on the chair.

jj sets his bag down with a sigh, taking off his hat to run his fingers through his messy hair. he felt empty without his best friend here with him. it hurt worse knowing he won't make it to his destination.

"there's the bathroom right there." olivia points to the bathroom connected to his room. "you can shower if you want. there's extra shampoo and soap in the cabinets."

the boy walks over and hugs olivia tightly. "where's your room?"

"third floor." she mumbles into his shirt. "you're lucky to share a floor with noah."

jj puts on a fake smile at her small joke. even then he didn't even have the energy to smile or joke around with his girlfriend. "you sure i can't stay in your room?"

"not tonight, no." olivia wished he could, but her parents know he's here and wouldn't appreciate that very much.

he kisses the girls head before he pulls away with an upsetting look on his face. he didn't want to stay here without her nearby. she was his comfort, about the only thing that kept him going. "i'm gonna take a shower. i'll see you tomorrow."

"okay. goodnight." olivia nods her head and leaves him to it. she goes up to her room to take her shower too. turning on the shower, she leans against her counter waiting for the water to heat up.

she strips from her clothes and steps in. the heat of the water didn't cool her down this time around. in fact she couldn't tell the difference between her tears and the water she let run down her face.

before she knows it tears stain her cheeks. finding herself sitting on the floor of her shower, she let herself cry. she lost two of her best friends in one night without knowing it.

on the second floor, jj stood in the shower washing his greasy hair. it felt nice to finally take a heated shower, but it would be better if he could actually enjoy the heat of the water.

be strong. for her. he reminded himself over and over in his head though he couldn't help the tears that slipped down his face too. john b has been his best friend since the 3rd grade. sure they got into their fights, but they couldn't make it a day without each other doing stupid things.

olivia grabs her towel and dries off without a care in the world. she laid on her bed in complete silence as she stares at the empty ceiling above her. she wasn't tired anymore. she was simply numb.

the night goes on, getting later and later. olivia lays awake in her bed with the blankets over her. she couldn't fall asleep with her thoughts bugging in her head. so without another thought, she steps out of bed and walks down to the second floor.

she walked as quietly as possible until she reaches the door to her boyfriends room. she opens it slowly and closes the door the same way. the blonde was laying on his side in the bed he never knew he needed.

"j?" olivia slips into the bed, looking over jj's shoulder to see if he's asleep.

"liv? you okay?" he turns around at the sound of his girlfriends voice. "what's wrong?"

"i can't sleep." she cuddles herself up in his arms and pulls the blankets over them again. she wraps her arms around his waist as he down the same with her.

"i can't either." he wraps his arms around the girls waist. he didn't ask about her parents, he simply pulls her closer without caring. he needed her comfort and now she's here.

"i'm here now." she looks up at him. he looks down to her too.

"you know you don't always have to be strong for me. you need the comfort too." he caresses her head gently.

"i know." she mumbles without a fight. the feeling of being beside him makes her so much for comfortable than being alone. almost like everything is okay.

pope got his scholarship, rafe and mr. cameron are in prison for framing john b, sarah is in her front yard trying to save the mice in the seagulls mouth, kiara gets her dolphin tattoo, john b finds his father, and the friends find the gold. they all get to sleep peacefully in their own home.

jj continues to caress her hair as she slowly drifts off to sleep. the peaceful thoughts she created in her head and being beside jj kept her sane for that short period of time.

"goodnight baby." the blonde whispers before olivia falls asleep completely.

it was almost comical how only days ago john b was yelling at them because they didn't know the feeling of missing someone and not knowing where they went. here they are now, without knowing where john b and sarah could have gone.

authors message !

LAST PART done :))

i hope you guys enjoyed this story as much as i enjoyed writing it. thank you 🥰

also, i just realized after writing this whole thing that if olivia did end up with rafe then their relationship would be ✨ illegal ✨ .... 👁👄👁

#teamjj