24.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 24

    jj and olivia pull up to john b's place where they're working on a better system to lower him down into the well. he never got all the gold the other night because of mrs. craine going all bonkers.

the two say hi to john b and pope, giving them a high five for the good work they did before olivia joins sarah and kiara in the van where they talk about the night before.

jj throws the few bars of gold we have into the van, "we can't pawn these if there's weed symbols on them."

"wheat." olivia correct him.

"whatever." he sighs, leaning against the open door.

kiara holds up a blow torch, "it's gonna work."

everyone but john b and sarah huddle up around the pan where kiara melts the gold in. sarah and john b sit against the tree while watching them from a distance.

"we're gonna be rich." jj looks down at olivia with a sparkle in his eye. he was excited to bring the money home to his dad so he can pay for the restitution.

"we are." olivia wraps her arms around his, smiling up at the blonde who looked more excited than anyone.

"ready to go?" john b walks up to the van with sarah beside him.

they all pile up in the van to head over to the pawn shop. john b comes up with a plan to sell it, jj being the main man.

"nice job melting this down mrs. frankinstien." jj holds the gold that's wrapped in a towel in his hand.

"like you could've done any better." kiara scoffs.

"i could've! i took a welding class. how did i get this job anyways?" jj rolls his eyes, turning on his heels to begin the walk into the pawn shop.

"cause you're the best liar." john b answers the boys question not far behind him.

the pogues, plus sarah, all walk in, splitting up right away into different areas. jj goes up to the lady at the desk, showing off the gold in his backpack.

"that ain't real." the worker disagrees with what jj shows her.

"that ain't real? feel his heavy it is."

the worker picks up the gold in her hand, but she had trouble then goes to grab a magnifying glass that also has a light attached.

"uh huh, lets get some light on that." jj smirks.

"spray painted." the worker observes.

"spray painted, really? why don't you see how soft it is."

"may i?" the lady hits the piece of gold with a stick thing and hammer. "hold your horses, we still have the acid test first."

"my favorite." jj looks around at us all as the lady puts some acid on the gold. "ma'am i'm telling you this is real."

"it looks like someone tried to melt it down." the worker looks up at the boy in front of her.

"my mom." jj lies with a sniffle. "she has all this jewelry laying around the house and she thought it was best to melt it down."

the lady doesn't seem to buy his lie, but she weight the gold anyways, "nice jewelry. seven pounds?"

"to be honest ma'am, it's really hard to see my mom falling apart with alzheimers." jj sniffles. olivia almost laughs at his lie. he's a really good liar when it comes to this kind of stuff.