29.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 29

    jj, john b, kiara, and olivia all wait in kiara's car while pope goes out to check the time the ferry's leave. john b had to lay low in order to not get caught by the nearby cops.

"okay, okay so look." pope walks back to the car.

"pope can you act normal?" kiara rolls up her window although she should have done that long ago.

"so, bad news. ferry's closed." he pauses and looks down to a piece of paper in his hand, "and there's this." he hands the paper to kiara.

"what? what is this?"

jj grabs the paper, "wow john b, this is a good framer of you." he shows the paper to john b and olivia.

a wanted posted for a $25k reward to whoever finds john b and turns him in. "you're a wanted man now."

"okay, so the whole island is looking for john b right now." olivia leans back.

"congratulations john b you're now famous." jj remarks, earning a sigh from his girlfriend.

"we have to get to the hms. it's small with no lights." kiara looks at pope.

"it's across the chateau."

"and i wonder if the cops have the whole place scanned out. let me think... oh yeah they definitely have that place locked down." jj says in complete obviousness.

"he's right. one wrong move and we're done for." olivia looks between kiara and pope.

"jj, is your dads lab open? the cigarette one." pope looks at jj from the rearview mirror.

"maybe."

"you can grab the phantom, i can get us to the coast." pope starts the engine. "why is nobody moving forward?"

"it's not going to be easy." jj shrugs.

"jj just think where the keys are." olivia looks at the blonde.

pope honks the horn at the guy in front of them. "can you move it?"

"that guy, that guy right there." a kid points to the car.

"shit! we have a snitch. pope let's go." kiara shifts uncomfortably in her seat.

"hey! he's right there!" a guy taps on our window looking right at john b. "i found him."

john puts his hood on and turns away from the window. "great."

"pope lets go!" everyone shouts at once.

pope steps on the gas too quickly, sending the friends all forward causing them to hit the car in front of them.

"pope back up!"

"pope just go!"

pope turns the car to the side, driving the car straight into the grass. they finally get onto the street without the cops behind us. pope runs into a few mailboxes on the rode due to the stress and rush of fear.

"pope you are not okay to drive! stop!" kiara holds onto the sides for support.

pope slams on the break. out of all of us, pope is certainly the worst at driving. "jj how much did you give him?"

"john b get out."

"he's right. the cops will follow us, run. we'll meet you at the dump tomorrow. three o'clock!" jj opens the door for his friend to hop out of.

olivia nervously watches him look out for the cops before turning back to his friends. it was upsetting seeing him so nervous when he rarely even let anything bother him.