10.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 10

jj continues to spread the peanut butter on the bread pope claimed to have grown mold on it days ago. "i'll just pull off the bad parts. plus, mold is good for you. it's just a natural organism." the blonde claims.

"i'm not helping you if you get sick." olivia pats the blonde on his shoulder while walking over to the table the others were huddled around.

john b rips off the top of the package kiara found. no one understood what it was or what it could be, especially since they found it in a graveyard in his great great grandmothers tomb. he lays the paper down on the table. It looked like a map that had multiple markings on it. "oh shit."

jj gags on the bread, spitting it out in the nearest trash can. olivia stifles a laugh at the blonde knowing she was right the whole time, yet jj didn't seem to mind after that.

"well x marks the spot." pope points to the x on the map, wherever that may be.

john b mumbles to himself, pointing to the markings. "there's something else in here." he takes the package again, pulling out a tape recorder.

"what's that?" jj asks dumbfounded.

"A tape recorder, dumbass." kiara retorts, putting her hands on her hips.

"what are you waiting for?"

john b stares at it for a second before pressing play. he debated on playing the tape for a second while his nerves ran around in his brain. he presses the play button without thinking for another minute.

"dear bird-"

"who's bird?" jj asks, leaning over the table.

"that's what my dad called me."

"i hate to tell you i told you so, but i told you so.  you doubted your old man. i suspect right now you're filled with guilt and self loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet kid, i didn't expect to find the merchant either. you probably have the right to call me out, as i'm not exactly the father of the decade. hopefully we're listening to this in costa rica living our best life. if not and you find this for more reasons, that's what the map is more. there she is, the wreck of the merchant. if something happens to me finish what i started. go for the gold kid. i love you Bird, even if I didn't always act like it... i'll see you on the other side." and at that point, the recording ended.

john b stares at it for a few seconds before setting it down and walking away from the group. his heart aches for his father wherever he's at.

"hey, your old man did it. he found the merchant." jj smiles with his arms out wide.

"jj, can you please?" kiara cuts the boy off, dropping his smile and realizing now isnt the time to be goofing off.

"hey, it's okay." olivia walks over to the brunette.

kiara walks over too, so olivia moves over to give them some space. looking at the rest, she waves them outside to give the two the time they need.

the trio walks away and sits out on the dock where kiara and john b later walk out with a guitar in hand. they sat around and stared at the stars while listening to kiara playing.

"how much was it again?" jj asks, throwing a pebble into the water.

"400 mil." pope answers.

"alright let's talk the split." jj adjusts himself. "now, before we say evenly, keep in mind i'm the only one who can defend us properly from those groupers." he says, holding up the gun.