21.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 21

    olivia and kiara left john b's place after the whole argument between sarah and kie. olivia didn't know what to do or who to agree with, but it didn't help that she was friends with both kie and sarah.

john b told his friends about the plan they had tomorrow morning to get kie and sarah on board with the whole gold hunting thing. it was a good plan, if you asked her.

the walk was pretty awkward at first since the girls had to walk the same way. olivia didn't want to say the wrong thing to piss kiara off even more, so she wrapped her arms around her body and stayed quiet.

kiara did the same, except her thoughts ran around her head rapidly. it was upsetting seeing john b pick a girl he just met over his best friend. that's what hurt her the most.

"i'll see you tomorrow, right?" olivia stops in front of her house.

"yeah, we'll figure something out." kiara shrugs unsure about the situation. kie didn't live too far from olivia, so she didn't doubt she wouldn't see her, but john b made her angry.

"okay, night kie." olivia waves her to while she entered her house. it's been a short while of not being at home since midsummers.

noah and rafe sat on the couch watching tv. the two looked at her quietly. rafe has glossy eyes and puffy red cheeks. "you're back." noah says.

"yeah, i am. it's pretty late." olivia looks at the clock on the wall that read 11:30pm.

"rafe is staying with us tonight." noah didn't care to explain why, he just told her like it actually fazed her.

"can i talk to you?" rafe looks at the girl in front of him. "privately?"

olivia quizzes his glossy eyes and puffy cheeks. he looked upset with whatever happened before hand, so she nods her head and brings him to another room. "what's going on?"

they took over noah's gaming room for the time being. olivia took her seat in his chair while rafe stood in front of her. it was easier to tell he was crying from the light in the room.

"about the other night-"

"god rafe, quit going back to the other night. everything happens every night, what's wrong?" olivia rolls her eyes. every sentence he said started with something that happened the other night. usually arguments with the pogues or now, in this case, midsummers.

"i uh... i know you're upset about it." rafe scratches the back of his neck nervously.

"i am upset about it." olivia confirms. "you had no right to attack jj like that. not only was it three against one, but it was very childish of you."

rafe drops his head and stares off to something on the floor. he didn't want to apologize to her since he hated apologizing to anyone. "i got kicked out of my house."

olivia furrows her eyebrows and sits up in her seat. "oh shit, rafe..."

"it's whatever. i had it coming." rafe shrugs just shoulder. "drug addiction and bad karma."

"drugs aren't going to fix anything." olivia shakes her head upsettingly. it was almost as if he was trying to kill himself with the amount of drugs he's been taking.

"i know, i know." rafe pauses. "i just don't know what to do." when he looks up tears stain his eyes. just like jj, he hated opening up to people in times of need.

"rafe..." olivia stands up, not knowing what to really do. she's never actually seen rafe crying before, this was the first.

"everything i do i mess it up." his voices shakes from not only sadness, but also fear. he knew how much olivia dislikes him, yet he always found something comforting in her.

"it'll be okay." olivia wraps her arms around the brunette. she didn't understand why since he was an asshole to everyone around him, but she found it her job to comfort everyone. he wasn't wrong when he said he messes things up, it just isn't the time to tell him that.

rafe cries into her shoulder for some time until he backs away and wipes them off. olivia gave him the time he needed although it was awkward for her. she never saw herself sitting in front of rafe whole he cried about his own problems.

rafe looks down at the girl in front of him. she was just as beautiful as she was the night of midsummers even without her makeup. "i like you, olivia."

olivia knew this, but it still somehow shocked her. hearing those words fall out his mouth almost made her want to vomit all the over the place. "rafe, i'm sorry but it's not mutual."

"is it because of jj? i see the way you look at him." rafe sits down on the floor with olivia.

she honestly didn't know that either. did she know anything? not really. it was all just a mess up in her brain sending different signals to her. "i don't want to talk about that."

"of course you don't." rafe laughs under his breath. "it's exactly what i thought."

"seriously? come on." olivia sighs in frustration. he always knew how to piss her off in times like these.

suddenly a knock on the door broke their conversation. noah was heard on the other side, "please don't be having sex in there. i play my video games in there."