Chapter 8; Ready or Not

Test 1: 50-meter dash

[Runners, on your marks,] said a measuring robot at the end of the track.

The first two up were Tenya and Tsuyu, or Tsu, as she like to be called.

[Ready-]

Tenya and Tsu got ready. The machine then made a gunshot sound, and the two were off. Tenya was running at extreme speeds, and was able to cross the finish line first.

[3.04 seconds.]

Tau then came in behind.

[5.58 seconds.]

"Woo-hoo!" You shouted. "You guys were amazing!"

Tenya look up at you and wave, "Thank you, (L/N)! Even though at 50 meters, I could only get up to third gear, I still appreciate the encouragement I get from my fellow class mates!"

You smile as the next student go up to take the test. Though in the inside, your not sure how well you'll do yourself. Your quirk doesn't give you incredible speed like Tenya, super strength, or even a good jumping ability. You gave a boost to any Pokémon you bond with, and you can't use any of your Pokémon in the test. You try to tell Aizawa about this and all he could tell you is 'Just do the best you can for now.'

Next is Ochaco against a boy with a tail. After the test, she got a score of 7.5 seconds. You saw her place her fingers together and started panting, so you went up to her to see if she's alright, "Hey Ochaco, are you alright."

"I'm fine," she reply, "At least it was faster than my best time in junior high."

"Really? That's great!"

"Also..." she started when you both walk back to the group. "You use my first name."

You look at her with your head tilted. "Yeah, I did. Was there something wrong with it?"

"Oh no! Nothings wrong! It's just I'm not use to people calling me by my first name. It's usually my parents who call me that."

"Really? So... do I still call you Ochaco or do you want me to call you Uraraka?"

"Ochaco is fine!" She said bubbly. "As long as I call you by your first name as well!"

"Sure, I have nothing against it!" You said with a smile.

Next is a boy who seems to sparkle and has a fancy belt on racing against Mina.

"Nice attempts, mon amis," He said, before confusing the girl by turning around. "But you're just not showing enough panache." When the gunshot went off, Mina took off, but the boy instead leaped up. He then fired her laser, sending him flying down the track.

'He has a laser quirk!' You thought as you watch him fly across the track. However, he wasn't able to keep himself in the air for long, as the laser shorted out. Causing him to fall on his back. As Mina passed him, he got up and shoot himself towards the finish line. Giving him a score of 5.5 seconds.

"Hm. Shooting my beautiful beam for more than a second hurts my tummy," he told the others as if it was something special and they need to concern themselves with it.