23

Kenma is looking around the area and realized they aren't going to Hinata's house. This isn't the way to his house...though Kenma only visited his house once, he knew this wasn't the way. Because Hinata's house is way uphill, and they are not walking up there.

"Shouyo? Where are we going?" Kenma asked while still looking around.

Hinata looked at Kenma. "Lunch. It's 11pm."

"Oh? We're not going to eat in your house?"

"Mom and Natsu went somewhere there's no one who'll cook for us there...but if you want to eat there, we can go back.." Hinata said shyly.

Kenma shook his head. "No, it's fine. We can eat outside, where are we going to eat by the way?"

"Barbecue!!!" Hinata answered, excited and all.

Kenma smiled because of Hinata's enthusiasm. He's acting normal again.

"You guide. You know this place right?" Kenma said while looking at Hinata, and feeling glad that he's acting normal now.

Seeing him cry earlier is really disturbing for Kenma, he dislikes seeing Hinata cry. It's making him sad too.

Hinata started walking ang Kenma just followed the tangerine head silently. There are some people looking at him too, maybe because he's new here.

"Hinata?" They heard a voice.

Kenma looked behind them and saw a tall dark haired boy with a milk box in his hand and looking straight at them.

Hinata's eyes widened in shock. "Kageyama!!"

"Why are you here?" Hinata asked.

But Kageyama didn't mind Hinata's question and focused his attention to Kenma who's awkwardly averting his eyes away from Kageyama.

"He's Nekoma's setter right?" Kageyama asked, and sipped in his milk.

Hinata nodded happily and held Kenma's arm to pull him closer to Kageyama.

"This is Kenma, and that is our setter." Hinata introduced him to Kageyama without mentioning the name.

Kageyama's face immediately crumbled. "Hey! What do you mean that?! Can you atleast say my name?!"

Hinata ignored Kageyama. "He's always grumpy." He whispered to Kenma.

Kageyama immediately smacked Hinata's head, surprising Kenma.

"You dumbass! Don't say negative things behind my back!!" Kageyama argued.

"I'm not! and don't smack me!" Hinata said angrily in a tiny voice which made him look so cute in Kenma's perspectives.

"Did this dumbass invited you here?" Kageyama asked Kenma.

Kenma nodded.

Why is he keep calling Shouyo a dumbass? Kenma thought.

"How about you huh?! Why are you here?!" Hinata asked Kageyama while glaring at him.

"I'm running errands for my Mom!!"

"Then go! We're having lunch!" Hinata answers back.

Kageyama looked at Kenma for a second and returned his eyes to Hinata. "Whatever. Just don't be a dumbass around Nekoma's setter, you'll make a bad impression on our team."

Hinata stuck his tongue out. "You're so rude!"

Kageyama just waved his hand and turned his back to them and walked away. Kenma looked at Hinata who's still glaring at Kageyama's back and pouting.

He looks cute when pissed.

"Let's go Kenma!! Kageyama just wasted our time!!" He complained.

Kenma nodded and continued walking. Then Kenma realized that Hinata's hand is still holding his arm, he didn't removed his arm when he pulled Kenma earlier to introduce him to Kageyama.

"Do you always bicker with Kageyama?" Kenma suddenly asked.

Hinata looked at Kenma. "Yeah! He's always grumpy and he gets pissed easily when I make mistakes in practice! He always calls me dumbass for unknown reason, but I don't mind."

Kenma's mood soured when he saw how bright Hinata's aura is when it talking about Kageyama.

"You don't mind him calling you dumbass?"

Hinata nodded. "Yeah! It doesn't really matter. Kageyama is shy you know! Hehehe!" Hinata giggled.

"Shy?"

"He's shy when it comes to showing his real emotion towards something and when he does he looks so awkward!" Hinata laughed remembering Kageyama's awkward moments in showing his excitement towards something.

"You two are really close, hmm?"

"Maybe? I treat him as my friend at the same time my rival, but I don't know about him. Maybe he just treats me as a rival."

Kenma didn't say anything and stayed silent while walking beside Hinata who's smiling. And his hands are still on Kenma's arm. Kenma's a bit jealous when Hinata mentioned his relationship with Kageyama, but Kenma knew Hinata only sees Kageyama as a friend.

And Kageyama doesn't have the same feeling with Kenma towards Hinata. Seeing Kageyama's love for volleyball, it's impossible for him to be attracted at Hinata. That's what Kenma concluded.

"How about you Kenma? Do you have a rival?" Hinata questioned.

Kenma shook his head. "I don't. I don't also like having rivals, I think it's tiring."

"Close friend?"

"Uh, maybe Kuroo? We're friends since kids."

"Waaah!! That's nice!! Having childhood friends!" Hinata cheered.

"Maybe, Kuroo's always there for me. So I guess it's nice.." Kenma agreed with Hinata, remembering the times Kuroo stayed by his side no matter the circumstances are.

"I want someone to be my side too, always. But I don't have a close friend, though my teammates in Karasuno are also close with me but I don't think we're close enough to share each other's problems. Since we only got to know each other, in the past few months. But maybe soon enough, we will be very good friends." Hinata positively said and smiled at Kenma.

Kenma smiled back at Hinata.

"I bet you'll have many friends.."

"You think soooo??"

Kenma nodded. "Yeah.."

"Why??" Hinata curiously asked.

"Hmm, well...you're likable. You'll be like by many soon, because you're also kind."

Hinata's face reddened when he heard what Kenma said. His hand that has been holding Kenma's arm dropped because he was too stunned of what Kenma said to him.

But soon enough he recovered his shock and smiled widely at Kenma.

Kenma was amused by Hinata's fascinating smile.

"Then you like me too? Kenma?" He asked, causing Kenma to quickly look away from him.

What a question.

"Kenmaaaa, you like me too?" Hinata asked again and kept capturing Kenma's gazes.

Kenma sighed and looked back at Hinata.

"Yeah, I like you."

end.