Chapter 3 [edited]

Elaine, Celestia, and Richard stood in her father's classroom for their first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson of the year. Remus smiled at his class.

"We're going to be reviewing boggarts today. I know that this class hasn't always had the best curriculum, so we're just going to brush off on a few skills."

Elaine suddenly tensed up at the mention of boggarts. They take the form of what you fear most. When Elaine first studied boggarts, she discovered that her boggart takes the form of a werewolf. She never wanted Remus to find out in case it hurt his feelings. He was already so cautious around his own daughter, and knowing that she was terrified of his condition would make him feel absolutely horrible.

Elaine was snapped out of her thoughts as Richard was called up to face the boggart. It took the form of a dementor. Richard casted the spell, making Remus nod, very clearly impressed. Celestia went up next, her boggart taking the form of her own corpse. She casted the spell, making Remus smile.

Elaine's hands shook as she stepped forward. The boggart slowly transformed into a big, tall werewolf. She quickly casted the spell, making it turn into a dog wearing a dress. She turned towards her father, who had a mixture of surprise, hurt, and confusion in his eyes. Elaine's bottom lip quivered.

"I think that's enough for today. Class dismissed!"

Remus climbed up the stairs to his office, disappearing behind the door. Elaine rushed out of the classroom, shoving people out of the way. She needed to get away before people realized she was crying.

"Ellie!" Richard shouted. Elaine ran faster, sprinting towards the dungeons. She slipped into the Slytherin common room and straight into to her dorm. She sat on her bed, tearing her hands through her hair. Sobs shook her body as she remembered the look on her father's face.

Elaine carefully took a seat at her desk, deciding that she would write to Bill for advice. She would have written to Charlie, but he was never one to give good advice. 

And writing to Bill was a good idea, right? They weren't strangers, so it wouldn't be weird, right? 

Elaine rolled her eyes at her own inner thoughts, shaking her head. She sighed, dipping her quill into an inkpot. She quickly wrote out the letter, trying not to let her tears get the best of her.

Signing and sealing it quickly, she made her way to the Owlery. She attached the letter to a brown Hogwarts owl, watching it flap its large feathered wings as it glided into the distance.

___

"Why did you run off after class?" Celestia asked as Elaine sat down at her desk in Charms class. Elaine set her book down, grabbing her wand from her robes. "I just forgot that I had to send an owl to Bill," she lied partially. Celestia's look of concern morphed into a smirk. She was about to tease her friend, but was interrupted by Professor Flitwick coming into the classroom, ready to start the lesson.

___

The next day at breakfast, a letter was dropped into Elaine's hands. She smiled slightly as she recognized the messy handwriting. She read through the letter, blushing as she read the last sentence.

"I miss you! Love, Bill."

Elaine grinned from ear to ear at the brilliant advice Bill had given her. He explained that Remus was most likely not upset with her, but with himself and his condition. He just needed a little bit of comfort from his daughter.

"Whatcha got there?" Celestia asked, coming up behind the Slytherin table. Elaine quickly stuffed the letter into her robes. "Just a letter from Bill," she muttered. Celestia chuckled. 

"That explains the blush on your cheeks," she said cheekily, making her way to the Ravenclaw table.

______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked this chapter!

Please don't be a ghost reader! Let me know if you are enjoying my stories by voting and commenting.

Stay cool, Anika<3