Chapter 5 [edited]

Elaine and Bill had been talking through owls for the past few months. It was now the time of the year where Hogwarts students make their way home for a two week Christmas break. Elaine was beyond excited to see both Charlie and Bill.

"Calm down, will you?" Celestia asked. Elaine, Richard, and Celestia were sitting in their usual compartment on the Hogwarts Express. Richard chuckled. "I think it's adorable that she's so excited," he said. Celestia rolled her eyes as Elaine joined in on Richard's laughter.

Once the Hogwarts Express had pulled into Kings Cross Station, Elaine grew even more giddy. She leapt out of her seat, grabbing her small purse gracefully. She pulled Celestia into a quick hug and leaned down to kiss Richard's cheek. 

"Bye Cel! Bye Richie!" she exclaimed. Elaine ran through the train, hopping down onto the platform. She walked out of King's Cross, where her father was waiting for her. 

"Harry, Ron, and Hermione are staying at Hogwarts," he said. Elaine frowned in confusion. Remus just shrugged as Elaine looped her arm through his.

The father and daughter apparated to the Burrow. A wide grin spread across Elaine's face as her eyes focused on the Weasley home. She broke into a sprint, sliding through the front door.

"Ellie!" Mr. Weasley exclaimed. He smiled warmly at her. Elaine returned his smile. "Hello Mr. Weasley," she said. Just then, Molly came out of the kitchen. "Arthur? Did I hear someone come through the door?" she asked. As soon as she set her eyes on Elaine, she pulled her into a motherly embrace. Elaine wrapped her arms around the woman tightly.

"Elaine?" said a voice by the stairs. Elaine turned her head towards the staircase. Bill and Charlie stood there, both ecstatic to see the girl. She grinned, jumping into Bill's arms. He hugged the girl tightly, smiling into her hair. Molly watched their encounter with her eyebrows raised. "When did they get close?" she asked her husband. Mr. Weasley shrugged, turning back towards his book. Molly returned to the kitchen, whispering quietly to herself.

"I'm hurt that I didn't get the first hug," Charlie said, placing his hand against his chest in fake hurt. Elaine scoffed, making her way over to Charlie. She wrapped her arms around him, her cheek pressed tightly to his chest. Charlie laughed, returning the younger girl's hug.

___

Elaine, Remus, and Ginny sat by the fire on Christmas day, laughing at the gifts the twins had given everybody. Bill stood in the corner of the room with his arms crossed, watching Elaine with a small smile on his face. Charlie came up behind him with a smirk on his face. 

"If you fancy her, I reckon actually making a move is more effective than staring at her," he said. Bill cleared his throat, standing up straighter. "I don't fancy her," he stated. Charlie chuckled quietly.

"And even if I did fancy her, nothing would ever come of it. We're five years apart."

Charlie rolled his eyes, starting to get mildly frustrated with his brother. "It won't seem like such a huge gap in a few years. But if you really do want her to be happy, I suggest you make a move on it before someone else does. I wouldn't be too surprised if Elaine has multiple boys crushing on her at school."

Charlie walked away, leaving Bill to think.

Bill took a deep breath, continuing to watch Elaine, who was now talking to Charlie. Bill smiled as she threw her head back in laughter. He frowned as he thought about what Charlie had told him. He was right. In a couple of years, their five year age difference wouldn't seem so big. But if he waited that long, Elaine might find someone else, perhaps one of the many boys Charlie claimed had a crush on her. Bill sighed deeply, tearing his eyes away from Elaine to look at his hands in frustration.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I hope that you liked this chapter! Do you want another holiday chapter before Elaine goes back to Hogwarts?

Please don't forget to VOTE if you enjoyed!

Stay cool, Anika<3