Chapter 4 [edited]

Elaine felt like her day couldn't go any slower. She had Potions class in the morning, followed by Transfiguration. When lunch finally rolled around, Elaine bolted towards her father's classroom.

She looked around carefully before knocking on his office door. Remus opened the door, giving his daughter a small smile. Elaine walked straight past him and into his office. As Remus closed the door, Elaine threw her arms around her father. 

"I'm sorry, Dad. I'm not scared of you I promise," she whispered. Remus chuckled slightly.

"I know, Ellie. I'm not mad at you."

Elaine let out a relieved sigh. "Harry's on his way," Remus stated. Elaine nodded, laughing to herself quietly. "What's so funny?" Remus asked, raising an eyebrow at his daughter. She shook her head.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Harry and Hermione know that I'm a Lupin. Ron just can't keep his mouth shut."

Remus snorted. "That's true."

The door to his office opened, revealing Harry.

"Bye Dad!" Elaine exclaimed.

"Bye, Ellie."

Harry looked shocked, to say the least. "Dad?" he asked. Elaine giggled, patting his shoulder. 

"You can stop pretending. I know Ronald told you," she said. Harry smiled awkwardly. "Erm... He didn't mean to," he said unsurely. 

Elaine grinned at the younger boy. "As long as you don't repeat it to anyone, everything should be fine!" she said. Elaine slipped out of her father's office, a cheesy smile on her face.

___

Elaine sat in the library, writing a letter to Charlie. The seventh years around her were stressing over the Potions essay that Professor Snape had assigned. Elaine excelled in every subject, so it was no surprise that she had already finished the essay already.

In her letter to Charlie, she wrote about the advice Bill had given her and how both Harry and Hermione knew that Remus was her father.

___

Once again, a letter was dropped into her hands at breakfast. This time, the messy handwriting belonged to Charlie. She smiled as she read through his letter, laughing as he recounted a funny story about a new-born dragon. Suddenly, the letter was snatched out of her hands by a pair of small, pasty hands. 

"Hey!" Elaine exclaimed. 

The third year Slytherin that had grabbed the letter from her was none other than Draco Malfoy, Celestia's nasty younger brother. 

"Writing to your blood-traitor boyfriend?" he sneered. Elaine rolled her eyes. "You've got a love of nerve speaking to the head girl like that," she said. She shuddered on the inside, hating that she sounded just like Percy. 

Draco sniggered. "I'm in your house. You wouldn't want to deduct points from your own house, would you?" he teased. 

Elaine smirked, standing up from the bench so she towered over the meer third year. "No, but I can do this. Detention with Professor Snape," she stated, raising her eyebrows at the boy challengingly. 

Once again, Draco didn't look phased one bit. "Snape? He'll let me off the hook," he said nonchalantly. Elaine shook her head, a small smirk on her face. 

"I'm Professor Snape's favorite student. I don't think that he would be too pleased to hear that someone of his own house was interfering with his favorite student's personal belongings," she said. The smirk on Draco's face fell as Elaine winked, grabbing the letter from his hands.

"Detention starts at five o' clock sharp. I'll tell Professor Snape that you'll be joining him in his classroom tonight."

Elaine continued to read Charlie's letter as Draco and his goons stalked off angrily, muttering a string of curse words.

"Bill has written to me about you. Said you were a brilliant young girl with huge potential. I think ol' Bill has a crush! What do you reckon? Anyways, love you tons, Ellie! Your best friend, Charlie."

Elaine blushed furiously at Charlie's words. Or rather, Bill's words, if Charlie was telling the truth. 

Everyone had started to leave, heading to their first class of the day. Elaine quickly tucked her letter away, making her way towards Celestia and Richard, who were waiting for her by the doors to the Great Hall. "I gave your brother detention this morning," Elaine said. Celestia rolled her eyes as she linked her arm with Elaine's. Richard smiled as they started to walk to class.

"What did he do this time?" Celestia asked.

"Just being a git."

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked this chapter! I know this story is going a little slow right now, but it will pick up soon, I promise! 

Stay cool, Anika<3