Chapter 8 [edited]

When Elaine returned to Hogsmeade, Richard and Celestia were on their way back to the castle. She ran towards them, a huge smile on her face. 

"Where were you?" Celestia asked. Elaine chuckled, throwing her arm around the both of them. 

"I went to see Bill," she answered simply.

Celestia and Richard gasped. "Isn't he in Egypt?" Richard asked. Elaine nodded, winking at her two friends. They shook their heads, laughter escaping their mouths as they made their way into the castle.

___

Remus stood in front of his class, passing out graded essays. Elaine sat in the back of the classroom, picking at her nails. Remus handed back her essay. Elaine saw an O scrawled across the top, a big smile plastering itself onto her face.

"Thanks, Dad."

Elaine's eyes immediately widened as the words left her mouth. She looked up at her father worriedly, but he started laughing. "Elaine!" he exclaimed, continuing to laugh. She laughed nervously, giving him a confused look.

"I was wondering how long you would last before you accidentally told everyone. I don't mind anymore," Remus said. The whole class was silent, staring at the father and daughter.

"Oi! Stop staring! Secret's out, I guess. My last name's not Adwell; it's Lupin!"

Celestia looked at her best friend in pure shock. "Professor Lupin's your dad?" she asked. Elaine nodded, biting the inside of her cheek.

___

Elaine sat in her father's office after class, her feet propped up onto his desk. 

"I promise I'm not mad, Ellie. The reason that I asked you to hide your last name many years ago is not present anymore," Remus explained. Elaine nodded, looking up at her father. He raised his eyebrows. 

"You've been acting differently recently, and I'm not referring to you accidentally exposing the family secret," he continued. Elaine furrowed her eyebrows. She shrugged her shoulders, making her father chuckle.

"You just seem happier than usual," Remus said. Elaine smiled slightly. Remus raised his eyebrows once again, smirking at his daughter. "Is it a boy?" he asked. Elaine's eyes widened as her face burned, turning red.

"DAD!"

_______________________________________________________________________________

I haven't updated in four days, just throw me away. Sorry for another short chapter, I've been a little busy with school.

Thank you for all the love I've been getting on this book!

Stay cool, Anika<3