Chapter 21 [edited]

Elaine and Bill sat in the living room of their temporary apartment, chatting away. She absentmindedly played with his fingers, a habit she had picked up when they started dating.

"Why do you always do that? Not that I'm complaining..." Bill drifted off. Elaine smiled.

"I don't know. I also like to play with your hair," Elaine replied. Bill laughed, adjusting his position on the sofa so that his head lay in her lap. She moved her hands from his fingers to his hair, gently combing through it. He hummed in satisfaction.

"Remember when you ignored my letters for three weeks?" Elaine asked. Bill scoffed, sitting up. She started to laugh quietly at his offended expression. Bill pouted slightly, making Elaine laugh even harder. He groaned, burying his head into the couch cushions.

"I was an idiot," he mumbled. Elaine nodded, pulling Bill's face away from the couch.

"You were, but it also brought us together. It drove me so crazy that I made an illegal portkey!" Elaine exclaimed. Bill shook his head, wrapping his arms around Elaine.

"How did you get away with that anyway?" Bill asked.

"Dumbledore likes gossip."

Bill snorted as Elaine crawled into his lap. "He really does, doesn't he?" Bill asked. Elaine nodded, sighing.

"No one took it badly when they found out about us," Bill stated. Elaine's eyelids started to get heavy as she agreed. "My dad was a little concerned about our age gap, but he couldn't get too mad because he was guilty about the whole werewolf thing. But now he's just happy that I'm happy," she mumbled. Bill chuckled softly as she drifted off to sleep.

"Goodnight, baby."

_______________________________________________________________________________

A cute little chapter before it goes downhill ; )

Stay tuned for some action...

Stay cool, Anika<3