Chapter 22 [edited]

"Here is your Abraxan hair!" Elaine said cheerily. The customer thanked her before leaving the apothecary. Elaine sighed, leaning on the counter in front of her. She drummed her fingers along the surface in boredom, waiting for the next customer to arrive.

As the bell rang, signaling another customer, she looked up, ready to greet them.

"Welcome to Slug and J-" Elaine started. Her eyes widened as she saw Sirius make his way into the shop anxiously. She took in his disheveled appearance, her heart starting to beat faster in worry.

"Sirius, you could be seen!" she whispered harshly.

"We have to go! It's Harry!" Sirius interrupted. Elaine immediately grabbed her wand from the counter, her jaw tightening. She had vowed to never hesitate if it came to safety of her loved ones.

The pair apparated to the Ministry of Magic, immediately breaking out into a run. Elaine spotted her father, along with Mad-Eye, Kingsley Shacklebolt, and Tonks. The six Order members ran into the Death Chamber, wands at the ready.

"Get away from my god-son!" Sirius bellowed. Chaos broke out as everyone started to duel.

Elaine battled Antonin Dolohov, a well-known Death Eater.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Dolohov exclaimed.

"Protego!" Elaine yelled quickly. Dolohov's spell re-bounded, hitting him square in the chest. His body went rigid, falling to the side.

Elaine took a deep breath, running towards Harry, who was battling a Death Eater alongside Sirius.

"Ah, Ms. Lupin!" Lucius Malfoy said with a devilish smirk. Elaine's lips curled into a snarl.

"It's Mrs. Weasley," she growled. Lucius chuckled. "A disgrace to wizard-kind marrying another disgrace? I should've known. You're just like my scum of the Earth daughter," he continued. Elaine's blood boiled as she raised her wand.

"Don't talk about Bill or Celestia," she said lowly.

"Stupefy!" she yelled. Lucius went flying back, out of sight.

Sirius laughed as he fired a spell at another Death Eater. "Nice one, mini Moony!" he yelled. Elaine smiled at the nickname. Her joy was short-lived as she heard the shrill voice of Bellatrix Lestrange.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

A jet of green light hit Sirius in the chest, making his smile drop. His body drifted into the mysterious mist behind him as he took his last breath. Tears filled Elaine's wide eyes. A sob caught in her throat as she watched her godfather disappear.

She was snapped out of her trance as she heard Harry's ear-piercing scream. He attempted to lunge forward, into the archway that Sirius had drifted into, but Elaine grabbed his shoulders.

It was as if time slowed as Elaine whispered soft nothings in his ear as she tried to console him through her own grief. Tears streamed down her cheeks as Harry broke away from her tight grasp, indecipherable shouts of anger escaping his mouth. He started to run towards Bellatrix's retreating figure.

"HARRY!" Elaine exclaimed. She broke into a run, starting to follow him. Remus attempted to slow her down, but she brushed him aside. The young boy with the lightning scar was the only thing on her mind.

"I killed Sirius Black!" Bellatrix chanted tauntingly. Her haunting laugh led Elaine right towards Harry, who had trapped Bellatrix in a room surrounded by Floo Network fireplaces. Harry's chest rose up and down with heavy breaths as his knuckles grew white from the tight grip he had on his wand.

"Harry, don't do it," Elaine whispered, slowly inching towards him.

"She killed Sirius!" he exclaimed.

"I know, Harry! He was my godfather too! And he wouldn't want you to kill anybody! It's not who you are!" she yelled back. Harry faltered, the woman's words making his heart clench in sorrow.

The hair on the back of Elaine's neck seemed to stand up as a sudden chill took over the room.

"So weak," a raspy voice rung out. Elaine's eyes widened as she came face-to-face with none other than Lord Voldemort. His pale white skin and his glowing red eyes were enough to make Elaine swallow with fear. She tightened her grip on her wand as Voldemort moved away from her and towards Harry.

A green light burned in one of the fireplaces, signaling the arrival of a person. Relief filled Elaine's chest as Dumbledore swiftly stepped out of the fire.

"It was foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom. The Order are on their way," he calmly.

"By which time I shall be gone, and you shall be dead," Voldemort replied.

Before Elaine could catch a glimpse of the duel between the two powerful wizards, she was pulled into a fireplace by a pair of rough and dirty hands. 

She coughed as she stepped out of a new fireplace, her eyes watering from the leftover soot of the uneasy travel. She recognized the person that pulled her into the fire as Bellatrix, making her raise her wand quickly.

"Expelliarmus!" Bellatrix exclaimed. Elaine's wand flew out of her hands, landing next to Bellatrix.

"Crucio!" Bellatrix said. Unimaginable pain shot through Elaine's body, making her scream. Her vision became blurry as tears filled her eyes.

"Crucio!" Bellatrix yelled once again. Elaine's body writhed in pain as she continued to let out blood-curdling screams. Through her blurry vision, she spotted a figure watching from the staircase.

Elaine breathed heavily, blinking the tears from her eyes. She recognized the figure as Draco Malfoy, watching her with a horrified expression. Tears dripped down his face as he stood frozen in place, watching Elaine get tortured by his aunt.

"CRUCIO!" Bellatrix exclaimed yet again. Elaine screamed, making Draco flinch. He ran up the stairs, unable to continue to watch the scene before him.

"Please," Elaine whispered hoarsely. She lay in a crumpled heap on the floor, making Bellatrix roll her eyes.

A wicked glint gleamed in Bellatrix's eyes as she scanned Elaine's sweaty face. "That's a nice scar. I wonder what it looked like the night that it happened," she said. The black-haired witch pulled out a sharp knife, making Elaine whimper. Bellatrix tutted, an evil smile plastering itself on her face.

"Scared?" she asked, "You should be."

Bellatrix lunged forward, grabbing Elaine's chin. She forced her to look up, smiling crazily at her. Her knife dragged across Elaine's face, tracing her werewolf scar. Elaine let out another gut-wrenching scream, making Bellatrix laugh maniacally. Elaine noticed the faintly familiar metallic taste of her own blood as it dripped down her face, coating her lips and her chin.

"Pathetic," the Death Eater spat, "now let's see what your pathetic little life is like, shall we?"

"Legilimens!"

The room shook in front Elaine's eyes as she was pulled into her own memories. Every kiss, tear, hug, and laugh she had shared with Bill flashed through her head. Bellatrix let out an excited squeal, making Elaine cringe.

"Your husband?" Bellatrix asked, smirking down at Elaine. The girl did not move a single muscle in fear of what Bellatrix was going to do with the new found information she had pried from Elaine's memories.

"Let's make you forget about him!" the dark-haired woman cackled. Elaine shook her head furiously, her tears mixing with the sweat and blood on her face. She attempted to move away from the insane witch, but the ache in her muscles kept her in her place on the floor, her eyes burning with tears.

"Please, no... please," she begged hopelessly.

"Obliviate!"

________________________________________________________________________________

A little cliffhanger for you ;)

I figured this book needed a little action...

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

Stay cool, Anika<3