Chapter 7 [edited]

Elaine was growing more and more frustrated by the day. It had been three weeks, and Bill still hadn't written to her. She sent him multiple letters in hopes that he would reply. 

Her string of patience had finally snapped.

Elaine made her way to Hogsmeade alongside Richard and Celestia. "You guys go on. I need to do something," she muttered. Richard and Celestia both nodded, making their way to The Three Broomsticks. Elaine quickly grabbed the cup she had taken from the Great Hall out of her pocket.

"Portus," she chanted. She felt the familiar sensation of a hook pulling at her navel as she whipped into a swirl of different scenery.

She floated down gracefully, letting go of the cup. This wasn't her first time using a Portkey. She looked around her new surroundings, spotting Bill around a dig site.

"WILLIAM WEASLEY!" she yelled. Everyone turned towards her, confused looks crossing their faces. Bill's eyes widened as he took in a furious Elaine marching towards him. 

"Elaine! What are you doing here?" he whispered harshly. Elaine rolled her eyes, grabbing his hand. She pulled him away from his co-workers angrily.

"Why haven't you been answering my letters?" she asked. Bill opened his mouth to say something, but slowly closed it, realizing he had no idea how to explain to her his idiotic thought process.

"Bill, you know how much one letter means to me! Not even one reply over the past three weeks! And on the train platform you said you had to tell me something, and then completely ignored my letters!"

Bill sighed, clenching his fists. He wanted to tell her.

"It's not a big deal!" he exclaimed. Bill regretted it as soon as he said it. Elaine scoffed. "Not a big deal? Bill, come on! What is up with you?" she asked. Bill groaned, tearing his hands through his hair in frustration.

Elaine stood in front of him with her arms crossed. "MERLIN'S BEARD, JUST TELL ME!" she roared. Bill reached out to grasp her face in his hands, crashing his lips to hers. She kissed back, her hands resting on his sides. As Bill released her, he let out a heavy breath. 

"I ignored your letters because I'm in love with you. I was absolutely terrified, so I just disregarded your letters, hoping that the feelings would go away," he whispered. Elaine giggled, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"You're such an idiot."

"I know."

_______________________________________________________________________________

If you didn't know, "Portus" is the incantation for the portkey charm!

Gross, another short chapter. But anyways, I hope you liked it nonetheless ;)

Stay cool, Anika<3