Chapter 11 [edited]

Elaine paced in her father's office, stress consuming her. It was a full moon that night, and her father was nowhere to be seen. His potion was sitting on his desk, still filled to brim. She groaned, banging her fist on the wall in frustration. She glanced at the window, furrowing her eyebrows as she spotted a figure in the distance. Her eyes widened as she realized that the figure was her father. He entered the Whomping Willow, Snape following only a minute after.

___

Elaine sprinted through the halls of Hogwarts, knocking Filch to the ground as he attempted to stop her. She kept running until she reached the Whomping Willow. She slid into the opening gracefully, only to be met with Snape.

"Well, Ms. Lupin. What are you doing here?" he drawled. Elaine cringed as she grabbed her wand.

"Sorry for this, Professor."

"Rictusempra!" Elaine exclaimed. While Snape was momentarily distracted by her tickling curse, Elaine took the opportunity to cast a stunning spell.

"Stupefy!" Snape flew backwards, blasting into a room.

"That was a powerful stunning spell," she muttered, following the path Snape's body had made. She stepped into a small room, being met with not only the unconscious body of her head of house, but also the shocked figures of her father, the Golden Trio, and Sirius Black.

Elaine gasped, raising her wand to attack, but was stopped by her father.

"Elaine, calm down. Sirius is not here to harm us," Remus said. Elaine furrowed her eyebrows, but lowered her wand anyways.

"I haven't seen you since you were five!" Sirius said, smiling at the girl. Elaine huffed, walking to stand next to Hermione. 

"Yeah, before you turned into a mass murderer," she mumbled. Sirius's face softened. He opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by Harry.

"Tell me about Peter Pettigrew!" he yelled. He aimed Hermione's wand at Remus.

"He was at school with us, we thought he was our friend!" Remus exclaimed.

Harry growled, switching his wand towards Sirius. "No, Pettigrew's dead. You killed him!"

Remus jumped forward, trying to get through to Harry. "No he didn't! I thought so too, until you mentioned seeing Pettigrew on the map."

"The map was lying, then!" Harry argued.

"THE MAP NEVER LIES! Pettigrew's alive, and he's right there!" Sirius bellowed. He pointed straight at Ron, making the red-headed boy cower slightly. "Me? He's mental!" Ron exclaimed. Sirius groaned, dropping his arm.

"Not you! Your rat!"

Elaine looked towards her father helplessly as Sirius and Ron continued to argue. She felt around her pockets, realizing she didn't have the potion. She had dropped it while running there. Elaine snapped out of her nervous thoughts as Sirius snatched the rat from Ron's hands.

The rat had turned into a fat, ugly, man. His nails were overgrown and he had a pair of abnormally large front teeth. "Remus? Sirius? My old friends!" he exclaimed. He tried to make a run for it, but Elaine stepped forward.

"Incarcerous!" she exclaimed. Thick ropes erupted from her wand, wrapping themselves around Pettigrew tightly. Sirius grinned at her.

"You are not going to kill him," Elaine and Harry both said. Elaine smiled at Harry slightly, urging him to go on.

"We'll take him to the castle. After that, the dementors can have him."

___

Elaine and Sirius helped Ron limp through the opening of the Whomping Willow. "How have you been, Ellie?" Sirius asked. Elaine looked towards him, a sad smile on her face.

"I've been alright," she replied. Sirius smiled at her, admiring the young girl who had grown so much in the last twelve years. He chuckled to himself. "What about the Weasley boy? Bill, is it?" he asked. Elaine widened her eyes.

"How do you know about Bill? My father doesn't even know yet," she said. Sirius chuckled.

"I have my ways."

Sirius winked at her before slipping away to talk to Harry. Elaine laughed as she helped Ron sit on a rock. "You and Bill? Why didn't I know about this?" Ron asked. Elaine raised one eyebrow, patting his knee.

"Because, Ronald, you can't keep your mouth shut."

Ron huffed, but his face suddenly went ghostly pale. "Ellie, look behind you!" he exclaimed. Elaine whipped her head around to be met with the full moon shining down on her.

"No!" she yelled. Her father was starting to transform. Sirius ran towards him, grabbing his shoulders.

"Remus, my friend! Have you taken your potion tonight?" he asked. Remus let out a loud groan as he fought against Sirius's arms. "You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live. This heart! Here!" Sirius continued. Remus let out an ear piercing scream as his nails grew, turning into claws. Elaine spotted Pettigrew running away in the form of a rat out of the corner of her eye.

She stepped forward as Sirius was thrown to the side.

"DAD! It's me!" she exclaimed.

"Elaine, back up!" Hermione yelled. Elaine ignored her warnings as she crept closer to her father, who was now in complete werewolf form.

"Please, Dad." she whispered softly. Remus whined, but it quickly turned into a growl. Before Elaine could register what was happening, Remus lunged towards her, scratching her right in the face. Elaine screamed as she felt hot, searing, pain shoot through her left cheek.

"Ellie!" Hermione exclaimed. She ran forward to catch Elaine, who was slowly drifting into unconsciousness. Remus was about to strike again when he was pushed to the side by a big, black, dog. Sirius.

___

The only thing Elaine felt was Snape's arms wrapped tightly around her as he carried her towards the castle. Then, everything went black.

________________________________________________________________________________

TEEHEE

I hope you liked this chapter! Don't forget to vote! Also, thank you guys SO MUCH for 1K reads on this book!

Stay cool, Anika<3