Chapter 23 [edited]

Elaine laid in the cold, dark cellar of Malfoy Manor. She had lost count of the days she had been there, but it couldn't have been that long. Bellatrix had gotten bored of torturing Elaine. She would come down and use the Cruciatus Curse once in a while, but it had been days since Elaine had last seen anybody.

The sound of a door opening made Elaine lift her head up. She looked towards the staircase slowly. Draco stood there, shaking slightly. He carefully made his way down towards Elaine, who sat up, taking a deep breath.

"I'm here to save you," Draco said. Elaine coughed, squinting her eyes at him.

"Why should I believe you?" she asked. Draco sighed, tossing her wand at her feet.

"Please. We don't have much time."

She tightened her jaw, debating whether she should trust him. He was nothing but a foul git to everyone when Elaine attended Hogwarts, but she was desperate, and needed serious medical attention.

Elaine nodded, nimbly grabbing her wand. "I don't know if I can walk," she whispered hoarsely. Draco stepped forward, slipping his arms around her. He lifted her with ease, causing Elaine to widen her eyes in surprise. He chuckled. "Don't look so surprised," he said, walking up the stairs. She rolled her eyes as he pushed the door open with his foot.

Draco ran out of the Manor with Elaine in his hands, determined to get past the protective barrier without any problems. He placed Elaine back onto the ground, making sure to support her weight incase she fell.

"MALFOY!" a voice yelled. Both Elaine and Draco snapped their heads in the direction of the voice. A Death Eater was making their way towards them. Elaine raised her wand. "Stupefy!" she croaked. The Death Eater went flying backwards.

"Hold on tight," Draco said. Elaine squeezed his bicep as he apparated them away.

The pair landed on the grass of the Burrow, alerting the others. Charlie ran towards them, snatching Elaine from Draco's arms.

"ELLIE!" he exclaimed. He embraced her tightly, making her cough. "Too tight, Charlie," she gasped. Charlie loosened his grip, stepping away to examine her.

"Expelliarmus!" a voice yelled. Fred and George made their way towards them angrily, both of their wands pointed at Draco. Elaine stepped in front of the Malfoy boy, a stern look on her face.

"He saved me. If it weren't for Draco, I would still be stuck at Malfoy Manor," she said. The twins lowered their wands, nodding awkwardly. Elaine let out a heavy breath, turning towards Draco. She pulled him into a hug, making him tense up.

"Relax, Draco. It's just a hug," she said. Draco returned the hug, squeezing his eyes shut. He never received much genuine affection aside from his mother, but only as a child. He had grown apart from Celestia due to his father's coldness towards her. Elaine smiled as she released Draco.

"I should get going then," he said as Harry and Ron made their way towards the pair. She shook her head. "You can't go back. They'll hurt you for helping me. You can live with me now," she said. Harry and Ron quirked their eyebrows up.

"What are you doing here, Malfoy?" Harry growled. Elaine rolled her eyes, pulling Harry in for a hug. "He saved me, so play nice," she warned. Harry nodded, returning her hug. "Bill is going to be thrilled that you're okay. He hasn't slept since you went missing," Ron said. Elaine's face contorted into one of confusion.

"Who's Bill?" she asked. Ron scoffed.

"Your husband."

"That's rubbish! I don't know who Bill is, and I'm not married," she said. Ron rolled his eyes in irritation. "What are you playing at?" he asked. Elaine shrugged, looking at Ron like he was crazy. Ron turned towards Draco.

"What is she playing at, Malfoy?"

Draco took a deep breath, looking towards the grass. "Bellatrix obliviated every memory she has of Bill," he explained. Everyone gasped, making Elaine groan. "Who in the bloody hell is Bill?" she asked loudly.

"Ellie?" Bill asked. He stood in the doorway of the Burrow, pure shock written across his face. His hair was a mess and dried tears were visible on his cheeks. Dark circles sat under his eyes, and his hands were shaking by his sides.

Elaine just looked at him confused as he ran towards her. He attempted to hug her, but Elaine stepped back.

"Um, who are you?"

_______________________________________________________________________________

3 more chapters until the epilogue because apparently I can't count! 

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Stay cool, Anika<3