Chapter 27 [edited]

Elaine ran around Hogwarts anxiously, blasting Death Eaters left and right. Her heart was pounding from the nervous thoughts of losing a loved one. She saw Draco battling Antonin Dolohov ahead. She smiled proudly as the Death Eater retreated. Her moment of happiness was short-lived as she spotted Lucius Malfoy stalking towards his son angrily. Elaine growled, running at full speed towards Draco.

"Get away from him," she said, raising her wand at Lucius.

"STUPEFY!" she exclaimed. Lucius went flying backwards, into numerous random spells coming from all directions.

Draco snorted as they both blasted a Death Eater at the same time. Suddenly, a raspy voice rang through everyone's ears. Elaine shivered as she recognized the voice as no other than Voldemort.

"You have fought valiantly, but in vain. I do not wish this; every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity. Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. Join me in the Forbidden Forest and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman, and child who tries to conceal you from me."

Elaine looked towards Draco. They both held scared expressions on their face as they started their journey to the Great Hall. Elaine entered the Great Hall nervously, looking through the rows of dead bodies carefully. Tears filled her eyes as she saw all the innocent students who had lost their lives. She saw Bill crying with the rest of the Weasleys up ahead, making her heart shatter. George sat beside a lifeless body, sobbing. Elaine identified the body as Fred. Before she could make her way to the red-headed family, her eyes fell upon two dead bodies. She fell onto her knees, her hands trembling at her sides.

"No," she whispered. The bodies of Remus and Tonks lay dead in front of her. Tears streamed down her face, but no noise came out of her mouth. She was pulled into Bill's lap. He wrapped his arms tightly around his wife.

"I've got you, baby," he whispered. His voice cracked as he tried to hold himself together for Elaine. She quickly pulled away, wiping her tears. "Woah, Ellie, calm down," Bill said. Elaine shook her head standing up from the ground. "I need to find Harry! He's going to go into the Forbidden Forest," she said. Elaine tore her hands through her hair anxiously, a sob escaping her mouth. Bill opened his mouth to say something, but stopped when he set his eyes on Harry.

Elaine ran towards the boy, placing her hands on his shoulders.

"Ellie, I love you. But I have to go. He's not going to stop if I-" Harry started. Elaine shook her head, cutting him off.

"I get it. Just please, be careful. Harry you need to understand that although it may feel like it, these deaths were not your fault. You need to remember that all of these people loved you with their entire heart. I believe in you, Harry. And I know Sirius would be so proud of you."

Tears welled in Harry's eyes at the woman's words. Elaine pulled him into a hug, squeezing his body tightly. The boy returned the hug, burying his head into her shoulder.

"Thank you, Ellie."

Elaine nodded sadly as he walked away.

She slowly made her way back towards Remus and Tonks. She took a deep breath as she closed their eyes softly.

"I love you, Dad," she whispered. Elaine carefully stood up, making her way towards the Weasley family. She kneeled down, placed a hand on Molly's back, looking at her with teary eyes. Ron sat beside Fred's body, his body shaking as he cried. Elaine stood up, pulling George in for a hug. He sobbed into her shoulder, making Elaine squeeze her eyes shut as she rubbed his back.

Everyone suddenly became aware of a sudden booming noise making its way towards the castle. She shared a look with everyone, starting to walk towards the exit. They stepped out of the castle, determining the noise as footsteps. Hagrid walked solemnly behind hundreds of Death Eaters, holding something in his hands.

"HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!" Voldemort exclaimed. Elaine attempted to run forward, screaming, but was held back by both Bill and Celestia. Guilt clutched at her chest as she leaned into Bill.

"I shouldn't have let him go," she whispered. Bill squeezed her shoulder comfortingly.

"Now is the time to declare yourself! Come forward and join us, or die," Voldemort continued. No one stepped forward.

"Draco! Redeem yourself! Join our ranks," Voldemort said, his snake-like eyes zeroing in on Draco. Lucius beckoned towards his son, but Draco stayed firmly planted next to Elaine. The older girl put her hand on Draco's shoulder protectively, keeping her jaw taut. She looked towards Narcissa Malfoy, who shot her a quick thankful smile. Elaine nodded discreetly.

All of a sudden, Neville Longbottom started to limp forward, switching all the attention to him.

"Well, I must say I hoped for better," Voldemort rasped, making the Death Eaters laugh. "And who might you be, young man?

Neville looked down at the ground as he answered. "Neville Longbottom."

Once again, the Death Eaters burst into laughter, Bellatrix being the loudest. Just hearing the shrill voice of the woman that had tortured her made Elaine's spine tingle in both fear and anger.

"Well Neville, I'm sure we can find a place for you in our ranks," Voldemort said. Neville looked up from the ground.

"I'd like to say something," Neville announced loudly.

"Well Neville, I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say," Voldemort said.

"It doesn't matter that Harry's gone," Neville started.

"Stand down, Neville!" a Gryffindor boy exclaimed. Neville shot him a sharp look as he continued to talk.

"People die everyday! Friends, family. Yeah, we lost Harry tonight, but he's still with us. In here," Neville said, placing his hand on his heart. Tears rolled down Elaine's cheeks.

"So is Fred, Remus, Tonks. All of them. They didn't die in vain! But you will!" he exclaimed, turning back to Voldemort.

"Because you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! For all of us!" Neville pulled a sword out of the Sorting Hat that he was holding. The Sword of Godric Gryffindor. "It's not over!"

Suddenly, Harry tumbled out of Hagrid's arms, making everyone gasp. Draco ran forward, tossing his wand towards Harry. Harry caught the wand swiftly, blasting fire at Voldemort's snake. Elaine grinned in relief as complete chaos broke out. Death Eaters ran away as Voldemort fired curse after curse at Harry.

Bellatrix's yelling could be heard as she yelled for the Death Eaters to come back. Everyone retreated into the castle as Elaine blocked spells that came hurtling towards them.

___

They stood in the Great Hall once again. Suddenly, Ginny stepped forward, blocking a jet of green light. Elaine looked towards the source of the curse, revealing Bellatrix. Molly stepped forward, pure fire in her eyes.

"Not my daughter, you bitch!" Molly exclaimed. The two women launched into a duel, making Elaine's eyes go wide.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Molly said. Bellatrix's body froze, with the exception of her eyes. Molly stepped aside, motioning towards Elaine.

"Your turn," she said. Elaine raised her eyebrows at Molly. "What?" she asked.

"She tortured you and attempted to erase your memories of your husband. I think it's about right if you finished her off," Molly said. Elaine pulled her wand out of her pocket, nodding at Molly.

"REDUCTO!" she exclaimed. Bellatrix exploded into pieces. Elaine let out a heavy breath, turning back towards Molly. The woman gave her a small smile, a proud glint in her eyes.

________________________________________________________________________________

last chapter :(

The epilogue will be up soon!

Stay cool, Anika<3