Chapter 20 [edited]

"Bye, Mrs. Weasley," the owner of the Slug and Jiggers Apothecary said. Elaine smiled at her boss, nodding politely as she slipped out the front door of the building. She made her way down the street and towards Gringotts, her hands stuffed into the pockets of her blazer.

She opened the doors to the wizard bank, smiling at the familiar wizards around her. She spotted Bill's long red ponytail, immediately starting to make her way towards him. Before she reached him, a blonde-haired girl walked up to him.

"Would you like to get a drink with me tonight?" she asked in a thick French accent. Elaine quirked an eyebrow at the girl that stood in front of her husband. Bill winced. "I'm married," he replied awkwardly. The girl's eyebrows went up, showing her shock.

"Really?" she asked in disbelief. Elaine chuckled bitterly, walking forward and taking Bill's hand in hers.

"Yes," Elaine said, flashing her wedding ring. She smiled sarcastically, causing the blonde girl to suck in a sharp breath. She muttered a quick apology before walking away with a red face.

Bill started to laugh, making Elaine turn to look at him. "What is so funny?" she asked. Bill grinned down at her, shaking his head.

"You're adorable when you're jealous."

"I was not jealous!"

"Were to!"

"Shut it!"

Bill laughed even harder, throwing an arm around Elaine's shoulder. He pressed a quick kiss to the side of her head. "Let's go home," he said. Elaine smiled slightly as they left Gringotts hand-in-hand.

___

Elaine sat in the living room of her and Bill's house, reading a book that Hermione had lent her. She suddenly became aware of a tapping noise at her window. Elaine turned her head towards the window, spotting Harry's owl, Hedwig, hovering outside. She smiled, walking towards the window. She slid the window open, allowing Hedwig to fly in happily. Hedwig settled on Elaine's shoulder, dropping a letter into her hands.

Elaine opened the envelope with careful fingers, pulling out a piece of parchment.

Umbridge, the new DADA professor has been using blood quills as punishment.

Elaine gasped. Bill walked up behind her, petting Hedwig. The snowy owl cooed in appreciation, making Bill smile slightly. "Letter from Harry?" Bill asked. Elaine nodded as she folded the letter up.

"Umbridge has been using blood quills on students," she said. Bill's jaw dropped. "That's illegal!" he exclaimed. Elaine nodded, taking a deep breath.

"I know. Harry doesn't want to report it because he's stubborn. He doesn't want to give that old toad the satisfaction. Either way, if he reported it, nothing would change. The ministry has complete control over Hogwarts."

___

Bill sighed, wrapping his arms around Elaine as they lay in bed that night. "Do you think everyone's alright at Hogwarts?" Elaine asked quietly. Bill kissed the top of her head as she snuggled into his chest.

"They've been through a lot. And I'm sure Fred and George are angering Umbridge and Filch as much as possible," Bill replied. Elaine chuckled, shaking her head in amusement.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Here's another chapter for my lovely readers :)

This book has been growing a lot and I'm so thankful.

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

Stay cool, Anika<3