Chapter 26 [edited]

Elaine helped Bill into the Hogwarts hospital wing anxiously. He was immediately taken away by Madam Pomfrey, making Elaine sigh. Remus came up behind her, embracing her in a hug. She smiled slightly, tightening her arms around her father.

"Is Bill okay?" he asked. Elaine bit the inside of her cheek. "He was scratched by Greyback," she mumbled. Remus let out a heavy breath. He opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by Madam Pomfrey coming towards Elaine.

"You may see him now," she said. Elaine nodded, making her way over to Bill's bed. She sat on the edge of it, stroking his hair softly. "What did Madam Pomfrey tell you?" she asked. Bill sighed, leaning into her hand. She smiled.

"It's not a full moon, so I won't become a werewolf. But the wounds are cursed, so I will develop wolfish tendencies."

Elaine laughed, leaning down to kiss his forehead. "I don't think that will be too much of a problem, considering my lycanthropy," she said. They were interrupted by a loud racket at the end of the hospital wing. Molly came barreling towards Elaine and Bill nervously.

"Are you alright?" she asked Bill. He nodded carefully.

"And will you become a-" Molly started to ask. Elaine shook her head. "It's not a full moon tonight," she said. Molly nodded, pulling a chair to the side of Bill's bed. Fred and George walked up a couple of minutes later.

"You guys are going to have matching scars!" Fred exclaimed.

"Wicked!" George said.

Elaine and Bill both laughed as Molly rolled her eyes at the twins.

Remus and Tonks stood off to the side, speaking in harsh whispers. She raised an eyebrow at the pair as she heard her name come up in their conversation.

"Dora, we can't. There are so many reasons that are keeping us apart. I'm a werewolf, I have a daughter, I'm 13 years older than you!" Remus said. Elaine squeezed Bill's hand before slipping out of his bed, walking towards her father.

"I wouldn't mind at all if you dated Tonks," she said. Remus pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm a werewolf too, and that doesn't keep me from love. Bill and I also have an age gap, but we're happily married," Elaine continued. Tonks smiled slightly at her. Elaine sent her a quick wink back. Remus sighed, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Alright," he said. Elaine grinned, walking back towards Bill. He kissed her head as she leaned against his bed.

"Playing matchmaker?" Bill asked. Elaine chuckled, nodding.

Draco entered the hospital wing, Celestia and Richard right behind him. Elaine pulled each one of them into a hug.

"Dumbledore's dead," Draco whispered. Elaine gasped, looking at him with wide eyes. Remus's eyes turned glossy. Everyone knew that Remus had an enormous amount of respect for the man.

"Theodore Nott has been mending the Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement all year long. It has a sister in Borgin and Burke's. He let the Death Eaters into the school through the cabinet, and then killed Dumbledore in the Astronomy Tower," Draco explained solemnly.

Elaine let out a heavy breath, furrowing her eyebrows. She waved her wand, conjuring a bottle of Oak Matured Mead, Dumbledore's favorite. With another flick of her wand, glasses appeared. The mead poured itself into the glasses, floating to each person.

"To Dumbledore," Elaine announced, raising her glass.

"To Dumbledore."

________________________________________________________________________________

I'm emotionally attached to this book, so I'm adding another chapter before the epilogue!

THANK YOU ALL FOR 5.2K READS!

Please vote if you are enjoying this book!

Stay cool, Anika<3