Chapter 25 [edited]

Elaine stood in the kitchen, making dinner. Draco came up behind her, a wicked smile on his face.

"ELLIE!" he yelled in her ear. Elaine jumped, a loud yelp escaping her mouth. She clutched her chest as Draco doubled over in laughter. She chuckled, shaking her head at his antics.

"Celestia and Richard are coming over today," Elaine stated, turning back towards the stove. Draco let out a heavy breath, making Elaine turn towards him. "What's wrong?" she asked. Draco shook his head.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

Elaine flicked her wand at the stove, turning it off. "I know when you're lying to me," she said. Draco looked up at her, a conflicted expression on his face. "I haven't told Celestia I'm staying here. She thinks I'm living at Malfoy Manor," he confessed. Elaine smiled comfortingly, sitting down next to him.

"Celestia will be beyond thrilled to hear that you're not a git anymore. Just relax," she said. Draco scoffed in fake offence.

"I was not a git!"

Elaine raised an eyebrow at him, a small smile playing at her lips.

"I was a git, wasn't I?"

Elaine nodded, laughing. Draco rolled his eyes playfully, bumping his shoulder to Elaine's.

"What are you laughing at?" Bill asked, entering the kitchen. Elaine smiled, standing up from her spot next to Draco. She pressed a kiss to her husband's cheek before returning to the stove. "We were talking about how sour Draco used to be," she said. Bill chuckled, sitting down next to Draco.

Elaine hummed as she finished cooking. A knock sounded at the door, making a smile spread across Elaine's face. Bill went to answer the door as Elaine took off her apron. Elaine made her way into the living room, where Richard now stood. "Richie!" she said excitedly. She grinned, embracing him in a hug. He gladly returned it, his dimples shining through. As he pulled away from the hug, another knock was heard at the door.

Bill opened the door for Celestia, who thanked him as she walked in. She threw her arms around both Elaine and Richard, making them laugh. The group hug ended shortly as she spotted a nervous blonde-haired boy standing in the corner.

"Draco?"

Elaine offered the boy a small smile, encouraging him to speak. He took a step forward, smiling awkwardly. "Hi, Celestia," he mumbled. Celestia furrowed her eyebrows.

"I live here. After I saved Elaine from Malfoy Manor, she insisted I stay here for my safety."

Celestia's eyes widened, her jaw dropping. "You saved Elaine?" she asked. Draco nodded, fumbling with the rings on his fingers. He was shocked as Celestia pulled him into a hug. He froze, just like he had done with Elaine. He slowly relaxed, returning the hug from his older sister.

"I'm glad you finally turned over a new leaf," Celestia said, smiling at her brother.

"And you! What happened to keeping in touch? Why did you even need to saved in the first place?" Celestia asked, rounding on Elaine. The Slytherin woman's eyes widened at her best friend's change of tone.

"Ok, it's a long story. I'll tell it over dinner. Come on, into the kitchen with you," she said, laughing slightly. Celestia smiled, throwing her arm over Elaine's shoulder.

"Ooh! Me too!" Richard exclaimed, joining the girls in the kitchen.

___

Elaine and Bill stood on Platform 9 ¾ with Draco, waiting for him to board the Hogwarts Express.

"Just send me a letter if something happens, okay?" Elaine said. Draco nodded, tightening his grip on his trunk. Elaine quickly reached up, pressing a kiss to his cheek. Draco groaned, wiping at his cheek, making Elaine laugh.

"Bye, Ellie. Bye, Bill," he said. Elaine watched as Draco walked off, boarding the scarlet steam-engine.

Even though Draco was a mere four years younger than Elaine, she felt the need to protect him, the way a mother would protect their child. 

________________________________________________________________________________

One more chapter until the epilogue!

Don't forget to vote!

Stay cool, Anika<3