Chapter 6 [edited]

Elaine sat in the fields of the Burrow by herself. The warm sun kissed her skin, making her smile in satisfaction. She stared at nothing in particular, just enjoying the serene feeling. 

Elaine turned her head as she heard rustling. Bill emerged from the tall grass, sitting down next to her. 

"What are you doing out here alone?" he asked. Elaine shrugged.

"Just enjoying some peace before I have to go back."

Bill smiled, admiring the girl's calm face. He didn't realize he was staring until Elaine looked towards him. 

"You're staring," she said. Bill cleared his throat, looking away quickly. Elaine chuckled, making Bill smile slightly.

The pair continued to sit in silence, basking in the sun. A sound erupted from the ground, making Elaine jump, landing very close to Bill.

"It's probably just a garden gnome," Bill said. Elaine nodded, looking up to meet his eyes. Her breath caught in her throat as she realized how close their faces were. Against her will, her eyes flashed towards his lips. Elaine felt like she was imagining it, but his eyes did the same.

Bill cleared his throat once again, moving away slightly. "It's getting dark. We should head inside," he murmured. Elaine nodded awkwardly. 

The long-haired boy stood up, offering his hand out for her to take. She slipped her soft hand into his, allowing him to pull her off the ground with ease.

___

It was time for Elaine to go back to Hogwarts. She stood on Platform Nine and Three Quarters with the Weasleys once again. "Bye, Ellie!" Charlie exclaimed. Elaine laughed, reaching up to kiss his cheek. "Bye Charlie," she said. She gave Molly a tight hug.

"Elaine?" Bill asked quietly. The girl turned towards him, smiling. "I have to tell you something," he said. Elaine nodded, walking closer to him. He opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by the train's whistle.

"Sorry, Bill! I've got to get on the train. Just tell me whatever you need to say in a letter, okay?"

Elaine ran towards her trunk, heaving it onto the scarlet steam engine. She waved at the red-headed family before turning around to make her way to a compartment.

____________________________________________________________________________

Ew this chapter is so short. But the next chapter is going to have DRAMAAAAAAAAAAA

Don't forget to vote!

Stay cool, Anika<3