Chapter 10 [edited]

Elaine and Bill ran around the grass in the burrow, laughing and enjoying each others' presence. Elaine blew a dandelion into Bill's face, making him splutter and fan his hands frantically in front of him. Elaine's laughter could be heard from a mile away as Bill attempted to chase her. 

"Ellie!" he called out as he continued to run after her. His foot buckled as he reached her, causing him to fall forward, taking Elaine with him. Their bodies became intertwined as they rolled down the hill. Elaine giggled as they came to a stop. Bill hovered over her, his hands supporting him on either side of her face. He cracked a smile, leaning down to kiss her quickly. She laughed again, wrapping her arms around his torso as he laid down next to her.

Little did they know, Molly Weasley was watching their whole interaction from a certain window in the Burrow.

___

Elaine and Bill made their way inside for dinner. Before the two could sit down at the dinner table, they were whisked away by Molly.

"All right, you two. You've got some explaining to do. I saw you in the meadow this morning," Molly said. Elaine's eyes widened as she looked towards Bill. He opened his mouth slightly, furrowing his eyebrows in thought.

"Mum, please don't get mad. I love Ellie," Bill said, "and I really do plan on marrying her one day."

A huge grin spread across Molly's face. "Oh, that's great! I always assumed that you would end up with Charlie, dear, but this is wonderful!" she exclaimed. 

Elaine couldn't help the laughter that escaped her mouth. The mere thought of being involved with Charlie romantically made her cringe. She loved Charlie to pieces, but she saw him as a brother.

"Can you please not tell my father? I don't want him to know just yet," Elaine requested. Molly frowned, placing her hands on her waist.

"Why not?"

Elaine played with her fingers before looking up to meet Molly's eyes. "I'm scared of how he would react to our age gap. Five years might seem like a chasm to him," she explained. Molly nodded, a smile returning to her face. 

"I won't tell him until you're ready," she said. Elaine let out a sigh of relief, smiling gratefully at Molly.

___

Elaine stood in front of Charlie, a pout visible on her face. "It feels like the Easter holidays went by so quickly," she complained. Charlie chuckled, wrapping her into a hug. He kissed the top of her head, smiling into her hair. 

"This is the last time we have to say goodbye before Hogwarts. You'll be back home after a couple of months," he said. Elaine laughed as she pulled away from their hug. "But you'll be off chasing dragons in Romania," she said. Charlie scoffed, ruffling her hair. She swatted at his hand playfully before walking over to Bill.

He grabbed her wrist, dragging her over to where no one could see them.

"After you finish this year, we're going to go live in Egypt together," he said, wrapping his arms around her waist. Elaine grinned at his clear excitement. She brushed the long hair out of his face.

"Well, William, you seem mighty excited to live with me," she said. Bill chuckled, winking at her.

"It will be pretty nice to wake up to your beautiful face everyday."

Elaine blushed, making Bill smirk.

"Glad to know that I can still make you blush."

Elaine rolled her eyes, tucking his hair behind his ear. "Shut it," she said, leaning closer to his face. Bill smiled, pulling her even closer. Their lips brushed slightly before capturing each other in a slow, passionate kiss.

"I've got to go. I love you!" Elaine exclaimed. Bill grinned, pecking her lips quickly before releasing her from his tight grip.

"I love you more."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Elaine will find out about Sirius in the next chapter! The story will still continue on after that!

Please vote if you enjoyed it! If you would like to read some of my other work by any chance, check out my page!

Stay cool, Anika<3