Chapter 20

Itachi finally decided to talk with me. I immediately teleported even though it's late at night. I left the village exactly 11:59 PM and appeared beside Itachi.

We're inside the forest. I widen my senses than the usual to check if he's alone. My senses were sharp so even if Kisame decided to suppress his chakra, my markings on Samehada will notify me. I looked at Itachi's glowing Sharingan, I sighed. I already told him not to overuse his Sharingan. He just won't listen, isn't he?

"I already warned you but you didn't listen. You'll get blind if you overuse that!" I scolded him. He seems surprised of my sudden outburst so he gently closed his eyes to deactivate his Sharingan. He knew and he realized that I won't be starting our conversation if he continued using his Sharingan on me. His onyx eyes met mine and it was addicting. Luckily, I manage to pull myself together. I cleared my throat.

"You're not backing up, aren't you? No matter what I say you'll let Sasuke to kill you..." I said helplessly. He just stayed there directly looking at me without wearing any of his emotion but his eyes were lively unlike last time. "You're the only family that Sasuke has left... please, don't throw your life away."

Damn, this is what I hated the most. The feeling of pain lingering around my heart. The feeling of broken heart because I cannot do anything. Damn.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked in cold voice. With that question, a single tear escape my eyes. "I told you that I care..." I whispered. I clenched my fist to ease the pain that I'm feeling. "It wasn't enough reason for you to meddl-" I cute him off. That's it, I'm tired.

I immediately slap his face but he didn't budge. "Because I care for you so damn much and it pains me seeing you throwing your life like that!" I finally said the word I shouldn't have. I ride my emotions which is bad. "I... I also promise Shisui... I promise Shisui to look after you and Sasuke... so, please... it's not too late..." I'm barely hanging. My sobs became clear so I had to cover my mouth for me not to make noise. I looked down, I don't want to see his reaction.

Ever since the day that Shisui and him dropped me off the academy. I'm always looking for him from afar. I watched how he interact with others. I watched how he and Shisui train together without getting caught. I watched how... how he have fallen in love with Izumi. And I watched how he witnessed Shisui's death and then on how he awaken his Sharingan. I'm watching him from the moment our paths have crossed.

I'm not expecting him to care me back. I'm expecting him to wake up because Sasuke needs him more than me. Sasuke needed him. He's the only family he has and yet, they're preparing to kill each other. They're both headache.

"Your feelings is your weakness. Pathetic."

I see, Uchiha thing. But sorry Itachi, I'm used to Sasuke's bickering so it won't work. I wiped my tears before wearing a smile. "Yeah, you're right. It's my weakness but it's also my strength." I told him before rolling my eyes on him. He didn't react, he's still starring at me - I don't even know what he's thinking. I don't care anymore.

"Ah, Sasuke will leave the village for power." I told him. See, Sasuke can caught his attention. Huhu, how to be you Sasuke Uchiha? T^T. "Because you add another fuel in his burning hatred. He'll leave to search for power - enough to defeat you. Remember this, Itachi... I won't let you die. I don't care if you wish to die in Sasuke's hands but I will never let you die, got that?!" I yelled at him. My voice roared inside the forest which causes the birds to fly away.

"I can't return your feelings." Ouch.

"I don't care. I'm aware of your goals and I have no intention of forcing you to love me back. Just don't throw your life away, Sasuke needs you more than anyone else." And more than me. And the silence roared between us. It's not an awkward but not comforting. We're both thinking but we still stayed in our stoic expression. I have no plan of removing my mark on him so I'll leave it there.