Chapter 36

"Just like what you have predicted." Shikamaru mumbled when we jumped out of the Hokage's tower to head towards the Fire temple with everyone.

*FLASHBACK*

"What's the matter?" Shikamaru sat down straight beside me when he noticed my silence. "What is it that bothers you?" He asked again.

I sighed. "Sooner or later, the Akatasuki will start heading here for Naruto maybe sooner or later than I expected. I'll be needing your help in the future." Maa, I need Shikamaru's trapping technique for Hidan. After all, he's the one who did that it Shippuden but I'll change it for a bit. As soon as we head towards the Bounty Station, I'll set up my clone to set up the traps inside the forest.

I'll be needing Shikamaru's shadow possession technique to separate those two dumb immortals. While Asuma-sensei, Kotetzu and Izumo's buying us time to deal with Kakuzu. I'm not 100% sure of letting Asuma-sensei deal with Kakuzu because he's too formidable for him. I just need him to prolong the fight without being reckless while Shikamaru and I are dealing with Hidan. I can take Hidan alone but I need Shikamaru's trapping so maybe after he set it up, I'll send him back to aid them.

"I see, I also figure it out with Asuma. He's currently upgrading his technique, right? I began to doubt if he'll make it but yea, he's the troublesome Naruto after all." I smirked on his statement. That's how Shikamaru trust Naruto. He has so much faith in him that he already found it too troublesome for him.

What a drag.

"So? What do you need me to do? You know that I'm not for front line combats right?" Of course, I know that! Shikamaru's a support ninja type and also the brain of the team. He's also for the counterattack but not in charging first to the enemy. He's taking time when it comes to the battle to formulate plan unlike me.

"Listen, as you know, I've investigated Akatsuki with Jiraiya-sama and Neji these past 2 years ago. The known members of Akatsuki for us were Deidara of the Rocks, Uchiha Itachi, Sasori of the Sand, Hoshigaki Kisame of the Hidden Mist and the others were still unidentified." I paused to get something under my pillow. "This one's a new information from Jiraiya-sama's spy network. It just arrived yesterday." And then I hand the envelope to him.

His eyes widen in shock when he read the reports from our spy. Even I was shocked too! It was so detailed. It only means one thing, they're finally letting themselves to be known!

"I see, if they deliberately made themselves to be known... sooner or later, they will head here in Land of Fire." He stated so I nodded. "Any plans in mind?"

And there I finally smirked. "Bro! That's why I'm asking you!" He's not listening!

"I get it, I get it! Don't shout, you're troublesome." He rolled his eyes on me. This guy's a real trouble, isn't he?! Tell me why am I his cousin again?!

"Anyway, so the other members were Kakuzu of Takigakure and Hidan of Yugakure. They have been identified when they abducted Yugito from the Hidden Village of clouds. Yugito is the current Jinchuriki of the two tails." I explained. Yugito and Matatabi was located far with Killer Bee and Gyuuki that's why those two wasn't informed of their abduction. I think Yugito's location was out of the village that's why they're outside the protection of Raikage.

"Listen, I have this hunch that those two were the one who will come here. According to the report, those two seems like immortals so they're fitted to deal with the Nine Tails if ever." And we went in silence for a while to think.

I'm planning to send everyone that will join the search squad to head towards the 5 Bounty stations near the temple. And just like in the plot, I'll be sending Team Asuma to head towards the Bounty Station that Kakuzu and Hidan will head to. There's a forest not too far away from that station so I think of setting up the traps there to blow the shit out of Hidan there.