Chapter 38

Midnight. I woke up panting. I dreamed again of Itachi's death. I dreamed of how Sasuke will give his hatred blows to him. On how will Itachi say 'Forgive me, Sasuke. There won't be a next time'. I've been dreaming about them for a while. Was it because it'll happen no matter what?

Sooner or later, the news about Orochimaru being killed by Uchiha Sasuke will reach us and will immediately send a squad to search for Sasuke. I'm sure, Itachi's preparing everything by now.

But, how about me? Am I prepared? Can I accept his death? Am I able to take care of Sasuke after his death?

I should stop thinking about this. I promised Itachi! He trusted me in this matter. Should I let Obito to reach Sasuke and let him obtain Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan? Damn. Why does my plan for Itachi and Sasuke's alway unable to happen?! Why! I planned everything for their reunion, for their safety and for everything!

Why can't they just live in peace?

If I let Obito to get Sasuke, what happened on the plot will definitely happen. It's just... I'll be the one who will eliminate Danzo. Shikamaru and I already gathered everything we need. We were only waiting for the very right time to spill everything.

I've been trying to create a new jutsu that will benefit our plans in the future. The percentage of success increased from 56% to 68% which is good. I'm going to use this technique to Danzo, I will definitely kill this motherfucker for Itachi. For everything he did in the past. I will kill him.

I sighed. I'm being restless. I've been working hard, doing missions, formulating plans for the future but why do I feel like it wasn't even enough? Strongest my ass. I can't even save Itachi.

.

.

"Neji?" I called. I decided to walk outside the room even though it's midnight and Neji's probably asleep. Well, it's only 12:00 AM. It's a luck that locking his bedroom's door wasn't Neji's habit. I slowly walked inside his bedroom after pushing his door to open. "Hey... Neji." I called again but received nothing.

I found him laying peacefully on his bed. The moonlight went through his window and is hitting his handsome face. He wasn't wearing his Leaf headband so his cursed mark on his forehead was visible. I sat down on his bed to glare on him. His looks was always this fascinating so I'm always wondering why he's still single.

I thought at first that he and Tenten could end up but it's been years and nothing happened. They treat each other as a comrade. Nothing more, nothing less.

I smiled. At least when he's here in our apartment, he can sleep like that. Unlike when he's staying on Hyuuga compound. He's always coming home grumpy or not on the mood. Their elders were troublesome.

I set aside the hair that was blocking his face before caressing his cheeks.

"You look puppy when you're sleeping like this. But I love seeing you irritated than this." I giggled. I remembered when I pissed him off, I forgot when but I pissed him so much and our fight lasted for a week. As in cold war fight, literally cold. We stopped talking with each other for a week and then I got tired. I told him that I'm going to leave our apartment so he could enjoy all of his time.

He immediately barged inside my room to stop me from packing. He also activated his byakugan that time! I thought he's going to attack me or something but he's just pissed off that time. Well, it's my fault that we end up fighting that time. I forgot the reason but after he barged inside my room, we talked and fixed everything and then viola! He treated me dango and ramen before his team went for their mission.