Chapter 48

"So, he declared a war against the 5 Great Nation?" Kakashi asked in his shock.

We're on our way back to the village. Sai and the other punks who have placed in a deep slumber by Sakura has woken up and is travelling back with us. I'm still pre-occupied with the last conversation I had with Sasuke. It's a loss for me as I breakdown earlier but It helped me to loosen up a bit. Maybe bursting out like that made me breathe to the point that I feel okay.

"Yeah. Tsunade-sama's ANBU has probably reached the village by now to inform every jonin there." This war is going to be troublesome. In the series, the war took almost or less than 300 episodes before it ended. Mah, I forgot the fillers but nevermind. "For crying out loud, I'm tired... Kakashi-niisan." Mentally and emotionally, I admit. I'm tired.

And there he went on silence so I looked on him. He's just supervising me or almost observing me. I know that Sakura, he and Naruto has a lot of question by now regarding to my past relationship with Itachi and the sudden interest of Obito on me but I'm amazed that they remained calm and didn't pester me.

I'm glad that Sakura and Naruto's growing now.

"Why don't you take a break?" Kakashi asked but I chuckled.

Me? Rest? Where the war is about to happen and Neji might die? No, thank you. I'm all good. I guess. I can't take a break right now. I have things to settle and I need to kill Zetsu before he could do anything stupid.

I shook my head on him and then smile. "You know that I'm a busy person." Busy to keep Neji and the world on check or else.

"But it doesn't hurt if you take at least 1 day to rest, Kashina." Arara, is my brother-hen of mine worried? I smiled, knowing him. He wouldn't shut up so I nooded.

"Right, just for you to stop nagging." And there we both laugh but when my gaze shifted on Karin, I smiled genuinely. "Is Sasuke's stab still hurts?" I asked in concern. I know her past and it's painful. No wonder why she got wrapped on Orochimaru's freaky fingers. She's like Sasuke before, a pretty plain paper that anyone could tarnish.

I just received a 'hmp' on her before she looked away to avoid my gaze. But her pinkish cheeks didn't go uncheck on me so I sighed in relief. Karin's a good and nice woman. She may be a simp for Sasuke. She's still a lovely woman. She's strong and sometimes wise. Above else, she's a woman who deserves love.

Anyway, I ship him with Suigetsu. Hope that they would sail HAHAHA.

We arrived at the village. Kakashi immediately made his way to the T&I for Karin's interrogation. While the gang... anyway, what will happen here? Is it their conversation with the gang about Sasuke being an international terrorist?

I stopped on my tracks and everyone looked at me. "I'm going to meet Shikamaru. Loosen up! I'll catch up!" I said to everyone. Sakura and Naruto exchange in glances while the others looked at me, half confused.

"Uhm... K-kashina-chan?" Naruto called so I mouthed 'what'. "Catch up later..." He said before looking away. I guess, they're eager to know the truth by now. I nodded with a genuine smile printed on my face.

And after earning their nods, I disappeared.

-

"Ack!" I heard Shikamaru's surprised scream when I suddenly appeared beside him. "What the fuck are you thinking, Kashina? That's troublesome! Appearing like that!" Woah, woah. Is my lazy cousin's finally ranting?!

"What the? Why're you so grumpy? Is Temari bonked you or something?" But he just looked at me as if I'm kinda like a big joke to him or something hilarious. "Okay okay, so what happened?"