Chapter 22

"Kashina! I'm appointing you as a squad leader together with Shikamaru. This is urgent mission! Uchiha Sasuke has left the village and I want you to gather every Genin Shinobi who's available!" I see, so the very first thing I had to hear after coming here was this. ANBU's and Jonin's were out of the village for missions. Basically, because our village is on the edge after the attack.

No wonder why Tsunade decided to use genin for this retrieval arc.

I just remained calm with stoic expression imprinted on my face. I'm sure Shikamaru noticed that so he jabbed on my arms after sensing that I'm not accepting the mission. I sighed.

"I accept the mission, Tsunade-sama. Hyuuga Neji, Akimichi Choji, Uzumaki Naruto and Inuzuka Kiba were the available genins." I told her in my monotone's voice. She immediately check the scrolls to mark those peeps to come with me. I immediately summon my birds to deliver a meesage to Neji, Choji and Kiba since Naruto's already outside her office with Sakura.

I'm fucking trying so hard not to slap Sakura. And there's a huge chance of me hearing her forcing Naruto to promise to her.

"I have already dispatched the message to them, Tsunade-sama." I told her and she nodded. She gave me a scroll containing the permit of me accepting the mission. I cut my thumb to make it bleed and then I put my bloody print to sign the scroll.

"Are you going to be okay, Kashina?" Tsunade asked with a very concerning tone. Of course not, my teammate just left the village and is now branded as a missing ninja! How dumb but I just nodded. My eyes became cold so they're cautious.

"We'll be going now, Tsunade-sama. We're going to wait Neji, Choji and Kiba in front of the main gate." When she nodded, Shikamaru and I made our way out of her office. I grab my Chunnin vest to Shikamaru and then put it on me.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Shikamaru asked when we left the Hokage's tower. I smiled to him. "Of course not, I'm not a robot but I had to. Lord fifth put me as the squad leader and you as my co-leader. It's a fucking responsibility again." I remember Neji and Choji's critical condition after battling Orochimaru's pets. What I'm going to do with them?

Ah, Sand siblings and Lee will also come to aid which is good. They will manage but Choji and Neji... ah, I don't care anymore. I'll do what I can do to for them.

Upon arriving to the main gate. I saw Neji, Kiba, Choji, Naruto and Sakura. Sakura was done saying shits to Naruto which pisses me off. "Damn Sakura, you aren't helping you know that? Instead of crying and pleading Naruto to fucking bring Sasuke back..." I stopped myself from saying anything. She just stood there and continued crying because of my harsh remarks. "Stop, just stop fucking crying it won't lead you to best." I told her coldly.

"What is your problem, Kashina-chan! You're hurting her!" I stopped in front of Naruto to gave him my cold glare before facing everyone.

"Listen, Tsunade-sama appointed me as this squad, leader. Our mission is to retrieve Uchiha Sasuke back. Listen here maggots, if someone on this squad ever dared to go against my order, I'll restrain you, right here, right there. You guys understood?" I gave them my darkest glare which made everyone gulped which internally surprised me because Neji also gulped. "Shikamaru here is my co-leader." And then I faced my cousin.

"I'll leave the planning to you, plan about our formation. Leave the fighting to me. Put me on the front line - ALWAYS. Don't engage yourselves in battle if I didn't permit you. Understand that, Naruto? If ever you defy me, I'll knock you out as soon as you said 'No' to my command." And there Naruto nodded frantically. Good. I'm not feeling good today so better be good.