Chapter 42

"Smart people may rule the world, but reckless and stubborn people protect this world." That's what I thought about Naruto. It's funny that people used to belittle and downgrade this guy but now, they're putting their trust on him as if he's the most compatible person to do everything.

What a lame.

I turned my body sideways and faced the window. Naruto and the other's still out for their rescue mission. I'm bracing myself to receive the news about Itachi's death and meeting Obito.

Shikamaru and I planned to do Danzo's execution after the rescue mission and before the invasion. I had to prepare our stage.

.

"How are you feeling, Kashina?" Tsunade asked as soon as she saw me sitting on my hospital bed.

"Ah, I'm feeling good. Anyway, how's Jiraiya-sama? He still in coma?" I asked in concern.

"No, he just woke up earlier. He's now fine. Anyway, I've read your written report. Good job on escaping although I'm shocked that this fellow possessed the Legend." She stated but fear and worries were visible on her face. I guess, there is a limit to pain, but there is no limit to one's fear. Upon seeing me and Jiraiya's situation now, Tsunade probably got worried. I'm one of the special Jonin forces of Konoha while Jiraiya's one of the Sannin yet the enemy overwhelmed us.

I hold her hands and that made her snapped out of God knows what she's thinking. My gaze became soft when I saw tears forming in her eyes. I guess, she's scared. She got scared of the fact that Jiraiya and I almost die. But what she did was heroic. She send us to uncover the reality behind Akatsuki's leader.

She knew that there's a chance of us losing but she bravely fought her fears to send us. Hope that this could knock some sense to her and cherish Jiraiya more. Hope they could start their painful and toxic relationship, lol.

"It's fine, we're going to be fine. Trust Naruto, trust the village's ninja. There's nothing to fear. you aren't alone, Hokage-sama. No matter what happened or what will happen in the future, we're with you." And there she nodded before wiping her tears out of her eyes.

But I was surprised when she bonked my head using my chart. "Your parent's gone wild upon seeing your state yesterday. They told me that they'll beat you up in a pulp for being a reckless." She warned me but I didn't budge. It's not that I can do anything about it.

I mean, Pain is strong. And I'm in need to help Jiraiya. Where's the fun!? Come on. I could imagine thousands of frying pan flying towards me. Sigh.

"Setting that aside, I'm glad that both of you were alive." I smiled. That's all I need to hear for now.

"Ah Tsunade-sama, have you finished reviewing our reports about 'that'. " I asked. I'm referring to Danzo's execution after revealing everything in public. Tsunade's ANBU's were also aware of the plan since we're going to need their manpower to overwhelm the ROOT.

"Yes, everything is okay. How about your technique? Shikamaru have told me about this technique of yours. Anyway, It's sad that the Uchiha planned a coup before and faced sudden death from Itachi. This is the only justice we could do to lessen his burden. We're going to execute him publicly and let everyone understand everything." She stated and I just looked down and played my fingers.

"My technique is now okay. There has no aftereffects to the caster although using this may consume huge amount of chakra. But rest assured, I prepared my reserves for this." I told her with a smile.

Suddenly, we heard Jiraiya's groan.

"Done dreaming of boobs?" I teased only to earn a smack on the back of my head from Tsunade.