Chapter 1.

BUKOLA

Unlike Tamara and Farida, my parents reside here in Lagos. And since they are now both married and have moved out of the house, it is difficult to stay there alone on days where I am not occupied.

"Aunty Bukky, welcome Ma." Jide, my younger brother greets and I nod my head, patting him on the back.

"Jide. Thank you. How are you?" I ask him.

"Fine." He's so grown now.

"Are mummy and daddy around?" I ask him and he shakes his head, No, nervous.

"Jide, I'm still waiting." A voice calls from upstairs. A female voice, to be exact. My head shoots up and I glare at him, angrily.

"Who is that?" I ask him, hissing loudly.

"Aunty..." He hesitates, lost for words. This boy has started bringing girls home. You can imagine. I match straight to his room and I'm met with one of the most beautiful young girls I have ever seen.

Deep caramel skin, beautiful brown eyes, her natural hair packed in two puffs upward. She has on, a pinafore gown and a simple white shirt. A pen is stuck on her ears and as her eyes register my presence, her smile fades.

"Good afternoon, ma." She immediately stands up to genuflect. I will give it to her; she has manners.

"Good afternoon. Who are you?"

"Aunty, she is..." Jide attempts to say but I quickly shush him up. His time to speak has elapsed.

"Young lady, who are you?" I ask again, narrowing my eyes on her. All these small small girls. That is how they'll be spending their time with boys.

"I am Adunni Shodeinde, ma." She states.

"Ehen..." My gaze sweep through her as I snicker.

"Yes, ma." She seems nervous as I notice her playing with her fingers.

My gaze lingers on her for a short while before I leave the room. The innocent looking ones are the worse. I am the best person to affirm that.

JIDE

"Jide, let me start going to my house. Your elder sister is scary." Adunni finally speaks after she lets out a deep breath.

"Going? We have not even started the assignment." I state in protest. Why is Aunty Bukky even here? She's always too strict with me. Now, she is chasing Adunni away. My Adunni o. The love of my life that does not know she is. A lot of people might think me too young to comprehend what that entails, seeing as I am just 17 years of age.

"Did you see the way she looked at me? I don't want trouble, please." She is adamant on leaving and I am adamant on persuading her to stay.

Mummy likes Adunni and often teases me with her. They say only she is blind to the fact that I like her, because they think it hasn't gotten too deep. Mum says I wear my feelings on my sleeves in her regards. Perhaps, that's what Aunty Bukky finds uncomfortable.

"Let me get your drink so we can start studying." She glares daggers at me and I playfully pull her cheeks.

"Stop that. It does not fit you." That's a lie. Anything she does, anything she wears, they look perfect on her.

"Just calm down. Her bark is more harmful than her bite. Aunty Bukky is not usually like this." I state and Adunni chuckles, finally relaxing.

The actual reason why I was out was to get her a drink as she just came in. Well, that was until I heard a knock on the door and had to attend to it.

Adunni is a rich kid. Her father, Mr. Deji Shodeinde is one of the richest men in the country and continent at large. Her twin sister, Aduke, is the one that likes to flaunt the wealth their dad owns. That one is already a model. They both share a common trait which is the fact that they have kind and good hearts. Aduke is the money spender and is the Daddy's girl while Adunni is the mommy's girl.

Their Mother; Mrs. Uwa is beautiful and they look like mini versions of her. They inherit their kindness from her. The first time I met her, she acted so loving and receptive towards me that one would mistake me for her child.

Adunni finally settles on the bed, bringing out her chemistry textbook from her bag. We are in our final year in Stonewall High school and as such, mini study groups were created in preparation for our Senior School Examinations which are predominantly WASSCE and NECO exams.

Whoever gave the teacher the idea of pairing a male to a female is genius as coincidence pushed Adunni and I to each other. We used to just greet ourselves from afar but with this pairing, we have bonded tremendously over the past 3 months, since summer school.

BUKOLA

"Mummy, I am tired of this your talk." I hiss, subtly.

"Se emi lon pose si? (Is it me you are hissing at?)" She asks, glaring daggers my way.

"No." Even at this age, I dare not disrespect her.

"I have told you my own. Until age stops being on your side, you won't listen." This is one reason I don't come here often. Mum needs to understand that not everyone is the same.

The pressure was not this much when it was only Tee married. It became worse when Farida did. There was a time she even jokingly asked me of I have spirit husband that is causing me not to marry. It got to me.

This woman does not know how annoying this whole stuff gets. I can take it when it is just us, but she is really crossing the line here.

"Mummy, please can we just have dinner?" I snap and begin serving myself, not even waiting for the grace. Not when she is embarrassing me in front of Jide and the Adunni girl which they seem to be so familiar with.

It is quite annoying because she had just one job to do. Just let it be and do whatever talking she wants to do. Instead, she chooses to always do this and without boundaries.

"They will say I did not train you well. They will not know that it is you that does not want to accept the home training." She further speaks. I pretend not to hear her as I continue serving myself and proceed to eat.

"My dears, Jide, Adunni, my husband, let us pray before we eat. Not everyone is an accomplice of the devil." She should call me anything she wants, it's her business. There is only one reason I pay them a visit and she knows that I really cannot help it. I feel helpless sometimes.

Without hesitating, I leave for my house once dinner is over. It's not until someone puts their fingers in my eyes before I read the unsaid words. Driving into the now lonely home that I occupy on my own, I park and make my way out of the car. The door closes behind me as I make my way to a couch, rest my back and fish out my vibrator from my bag.

After inserting the object inside of me, I turn on the switch and allow the object please me. Low moans escape my lips as erotic thoughts fill my mind.

I shriek in terror when the light comes on and I see a male figure, standing by the switch in my sitting room. What sort of psycho would comfortably wait for me in the dark, doing nothing?

His eyes scan through my figure and he does, annoyance, disgust and anger flash through his eyes. My hand freezes and I instantly proceed to cover up myself, the vibrator still inside of me. What the actual fuck?

"Oh, you thought I would never figure you out, Bukola Solade." I could not explain the shock and instant fear that grips me as his black eyes look into mine. What sort of compromising situation is this?

START DATE: 25TH NOVEMBER, 2021

AN:
First Chapter is here! Yipee!
Welcome to LIVING HER LIE!