Chapter 27.

BUKOLA

"Do you think you'll be fine alone tonight?" Aminu asks and I just nod my head yes.

"Alright, then. Guess it's good night." He halts to take one last look at me before finally walking away to his own room. Just before opening the door, he takes rapid steps back, walking to where I am.

"Come here." He says, engulfing me in a warm embrace. We stay like that for a while, not speaking, just breathing. He then leans backward to look at me.

"Sleep well, wifey." He pecks me on the forehead after speaking. I watch him walk back to his door. Once he shuts the door, I get into my room.

Heaving a sigh, I slump right on the bed without even taking off my clothes. Exhausted. I wonder how I am going to make it through the night.

A vibrating sound. It could only be my phone. It's daddy calling.

"Daddy."

"My dear, how was it?" He sounds worried.

"I could not do it. It was difficult." I sigh, slumping my shoulders like he could see me.

"Do you want me to be there while you do it?" He asks. To be honest, Daddy has done more than many Nigerian fathers in his shoes would do. Even though he is not complaining, I think he should sit this one out.

"It's fine. I'll be fine." I say in an attempt to put his mind at ease.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes, I am."

"How is your husband?"

"He is fine." I answer him.

"Alright. Send my word to him. Good night, darling daughter." He says.

"Good night, daddy." Few minutes after the call with dad, my evil twin's message comes in. She is threatening me once more. I gave her the document they needed from Aminu's company. Still surprised they have done nothing with it. It seems this access code they want me to get is of utmost importance. I was scared that I had handed over a multi billion Naira project to them. Now that I know they need one more thing from me before they can proceed, I guess now is the time to right my wrongs. I know just what to do.

The sigh that leave my mouth when I stand up is a clear definition of how mentally exhausting this whole stuff is.

"I want to see you tomorrow evening." I quickly text to Farida and Emmy before I change my mind.

I freshen up since sleep seems far away from me. Surprisingly the moment my body connects with the bed, I start getting dizzy. Even though I'm dreading tomorrow's revelation, I give in completely to sleep.

•••••

"

You sure you got any sleep at all?" He asks, bending to place a peck on my forehead.

"Yes, I did." I try to smile. You see, I came for an early morning swim. Meanwhile, Aminu is busy prancing around bare chested.

"Baby girl, I know I'm hot, keep the stares PG." He winks and I scoff.

"Indeed. Like I was staring at you." I roll my eyes for added pretence.

"Admit it. You were."

"Whatever." I shrug off.

"Join me." I want to wipe that smirk off his face. Surprising him, I walk towards him. His eyes waver over my body as I do so, ending in a whistle that makes me pause for a moment to laugh.