Chapter 15.

AMINU

As she makes her way around the kitchen, I just stand by the door watching her. There's a bounce in her steps. She has one ear of her airpods on and is listening to some music.

She throws her hands up and whines her waist a little before twirling around to meet my stare.

"Must be missing the strip club, I see." She glares at me and does not respond to my remark. She continues doing her thing, not caring that I am watching her.

"What are you cooking, by the way?" I detach my previously rested body from the wall, making my way to her. Whatever it is, it actually smelt nice.

"You have eyes, you can look at it by yourself." She shrugs as she begins chopping some onions. Her eyes start becoming tearing.

"Sorry." I quickly say to her.

"Thank you." She responds, and the silence continues once more.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I am surprised that I asked her this. The pot has steaming, almost cooked jollof rice in it.

"No, thanks." She continues her cooking.

"Alright."

"On a second thought, you could actually be useful for the first time in your life."

"You're crazy." She seems unfazed by me. It's obvious with the way she stares at me before clapping her hands and muttering the word 'orishirishi'.

"You too. Anyway, you could set the tables. Please, don't take the plates and cutleries there without rinsing them. We will not see what will give us food poison from a perfectly cooked food in God's name o. Also, turn off the oven when you are done. The chicken should be perfectly cooked by then." One minute, I decide to help and this woman is already loading insults upon insults on me. It is my fault for volunteering. The onions have just been emptied into the pot and the heat source regulated to the lowest.

"Alright, ma." My response is sarcastic. A smart person will catch that. Yeah, any smart person but Bukky.

Soon enough, the food is cooked and she turns it into the warmer. The dinning table gradually starts getting full till everyone is present. Earlier, some of them did not come down for breakfast; for obvious reasons. Well to be more specific, it was just Bukky and me here.

"Thank you so much, Bukky." Emmy is the only person who proceeds to hug her and I don't miss the look her two friends share.

"This! It is incredibly amazing." Sharon compliments the food and Bukky just smiles, mouthing a 'thank you'.

"Bukky that can cook a storm. Just that she loves to destroy my taste buds with her Yoruba pepper loving self." Of all the people Bukky hangs with, the few people I know around her, Farida is my favorite. There's just a cool vibe around her.

"Will you shut up." Bukky hisses and tries to fake a frown. She could not hold it and just starts smiling.

"Surprised that this food doesn't have so much pepper." Emmy speaks. Nobody asked you, dude.

"Yeah. She did it because of me." My glare meets his eyes and he smirks.

"Bukky." Jack calls out, giving her a thumbs up.

"An amazing cook she really is." I draw her closer to me to place a kiss on her forehead.

Bukky pinches me on my legs and I flinch a little. It catches the attention of the others.

"You okay?" Emmy asks me. I don't like him.

"Yes." His eyes trail to her and back at me. I simply don't like him. What is with him always watching her like a hawk? It is obvious that he likes her. Even with a date, he still fails at hiding it. Can he not see that she is married? What other reminder does he need to stay off?