Chapter 16.

BUKOLA

A whole week has passed since I saw Aminu. It looks as though he travelled. Meanwhile, I still have not heard anything from Sambo Holdings. Could it be his doing? It most likely is. I can't believe he can be so petty to deny me a chance at legitimately earning money once more.

Waiting for their call is actually taking a toll on me. Instead of waiting, I device a plan; more like revisit a previous plan. Go back job hunting.

The next day, I dress up and head out. Job hunting these days is a very sour experience. I am tired and worn out. The week's alert chooses the right time to come in. He actually sent 1.5 Million Naira which is triple the usual amount.

Aminu thinks throwing money at anything brings about a solution to it. Well, that's his business. Not that I asked for a raise. He just chooses to show off, not that I am complaining. It's probably guilty conscience. I wonder what for, though. It's not like we owe each other some sort of committment.

The least I can do after this long fruitless day is to spoil myself with this money. Halfway through my drive back home, I stop by a supermarket, buy some scented candles and some other bath fragrances that I could make use of.

The boutique is my next stop to purchase a dress that caught my eyes last week but I had to hold on since I was on a budget. I have savings, but now that I'm getting free money courtesy Aminu, I don't see the point in spending my own money. Well, until I get a job which for quite some time now has been fruitless.

I notice that the Monday after we returned from our weekend trip, the gateman had been changed. After saying a quick hello to all the staff I see, I head for my room for a long, relaxing bath.

Thankfully, I don't fall asleep this time. By the time I'm getting out of the bathroom, there's steam oozing off my skin. Asides being long, it was a very hot bath. I finally got to relax, using my toys since I have been missing some action in a very long time. The face of a certain someone kept popping in my mind when I orgasm. After the several trials at evading his face from my thoughts yielded no results, I had to indulge. Now I feel free like a bird, all smiles which soon disappear when I notice the person sitting in my room.

"You know, I could give you that and so much more." He makes a gesture to the toys in my hands and I hiss before opening up the drawer where I keep them.

"What is it?" I ask, sliding it close.

"You weren't at work today." He looks at me squarely.

"And that now permits you to barge into my room? Wait, work?" It's now his statement is sinking in.

"Yes. Work."

"If you're trying to mock me, please get out of my room. I need to put on some clothes."

"Not like I mind you doing that in front of me, you know." Aminu ends with a shrug.

"See, just leave."

"But I'm serious."

"Whatever you're serious about, I'm sure it can wait till I am fully clothed. So, leave."

"Alright, wife." I could hear the sarcasm in his voice.

"Uncle, the door is that way." He is walking to where I am, which is an opposite direction to the door.

"See you soon, wife." He places a peck on my cheeks before doing a one-eighty out of my room.

AMINU

Imagine my surprise when the Head of Human Resources brought it to my knowledge that the person who got the job failed to resume today as instructed in the mail. She needed my permission to call in the candidate next in line. I was on the verge of fully accepting her verdict when it occurred to me to ask who it was. Lo and behold, it was dear wifey.

I know she has been avoiding me this past week because of the whole situation with Eunice, but missing out on work on your first day, that's quite petty. It's not a way of getting back at me at all, it's just stupidity. She should know better than that. I thought she wanted the job.

"Send a reminder email today and if she doesn't resume by Friday, please feel free to invite the next in line for the job role." I had told her earlier. Bukola made use of her maiden name so I doubt anyone could trace her marital ties with me.

"Okay. I'll do exactly as instructed." She had responded.

After the incident with Eunice, I was so furious with my gateman because I was just beginning to create a sort of friendship with my wife.

"You're fired!" I told him after successfully pushing off a laughing Eunice.

"Oga, she said she was your friend." He pleaded, trying to defend his action.

"These dumb people you employ, Aminu." She says, still laughing.

"So is it everyone that comes here claiming to be my friend that you let in?" I further query him, ignoring her for now.

"I'm sorry, Sir." He apologizes.

"Both of you, get out of this place."

"Gladly, Aminu. My work here is done." What sort of witchcraft behaviour is this? I had thought to myself.

While I still await Bukola to finish dressing up, my mind drifts to when I had just returned home and stepped into her room. The low moans that escaped her lips from the bathroom was enough to set me ablaze for her again.

I feared she might have snuck a man into the house but when our first encounter in her house struck my head again, I could tell the source of her pleasure.

Funny enough, my speculations were proved to be correct when she stepped out smiling, holding them in her hands. When she notices my presence, her smile automatically drops.

Bukola was looking too edible that I couldn't resist the urge to peck her. If I had my way, we would be doing more than just a peck as just one tug at her belt could loosen the bathrobe she had on.

I have come to accept the fact that I am greatly attracted to her. I don't like her, I have no feelings for her. It's just sexual attraction; one I need to take care of soon. It's not an easy task having a very attractive and beautiful woman as a wife and in your house and yet, still have the ability to keep your hands to yourself. I need a distraction.

"So, what were you saying?" The sound of her voice is what interrupts me from my train of thoughts.

"You didn't show up at work today." Her folded arms and her raised brows is evidence that she has no clue she got the job.

"Check your mail." I inform her.

"Alright." She starts scanning through her phone.

"There's nothing here." She says.

"Have you checked your spam?" I ask her and she sighs before checking again. Her eyes widen when she looks back at me. Slowly, a smile curves on the corners of her lips. Now, that is what I love to see!

"Wow. I already lost hope." She smiles again.

"Come here." I open my arms widely, smiling at her.

"Come where? When it's not as if something is wrong with you." She eyes me from head to toe and hisses. It definitely will not be Bukola if she does not give this sort of reaction. I chuckle at her reaction before getting more serious.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"For?" She asks with raised brows.

"The whole incident with Eunice."

"Oh...that. It was nothing. You have your life to live."

"I know that. But it is disrespectful to do that in your presence."

"The earth will have an earthquake today for Aminu to talk about respecting me."

"But I respect you."

"You. I hear." She snickers, looking at me with an amused facial expression.

"Wait... hope you're not liking me, Aminu?" This woman and filter are two poles apart.

"What? Of course not."

"Better." She sassed and walks out.

I don't like her. My inner thoughts mock me extensively. I am just attracted to her. For the sake of my sanity, I choose to believe this.