Chapter 25.

BUKOLA

"If you have nothing to say, kindly get out of here." Bukola says and I glare at her.

"I want out." She shifts the position of her glasses from the position it sat above her nose, to her forehead. Her eyes continue to pierce mine. It's been two and a half weeks since I opened up to Aminu. The fact that I had not been completely honest with him ate me up.

"You want out, Bukunmi?" She asks me.

"Yes." She just stares at me, claps her hands repeatedly before bursting out in a fit of laughter. This babe can be psycho some times. It's sad that we're mirror images of each other.

"You know, you never fail to amuse me, girl." Her hands tap my back and I forcefully shrug them off. She laughs again, a subtle one this time.

"You've been too roped into this to want out, Bukunmi. The only way you get out is death. So dear twin, pick one. It's either you die or you keep being a part of this. I know you're smart enough to make the right choice. Don't forget that your loved ones still get to die after. The decision is yours to make, baby girl." She winks and honestly, fear grips me instantly.

Here I am, in their territory, speaking about wanting out when they could just end my life right now. With the option she gave, any sane person will be freaked out. It's just that my sister and her partner are not sane people.

"Alright. I'll get across more information by the end of the week." I state.

"Good girl." His voice sounds from behind me, and I try my best to show how unaffected I am by maintaining a neutral expression. Inside, I'm freaking out.

"How is that husband of yours faring?" He asks me.

"I don't think I need to answer that. You both communicate often." I scoff.
He glares at my response before walking to his girlfriend.

Bukola does not know Aminu on a personal level. So hers is really not betrayal. However, this man here, his is. To think he is the least expected to do this. Sometimes, I wonder why.

"I need to go back to the office. My lunch break is almost over." She's ontop of him, kissing him repeatedly. Several times, I have suffered having to endure their displays of affection. It's quite irritating to watch. I am dismissed by a wave of his hand. When I turn to leave the room and out of the place, I never allow my gaze wander to behind me.

"Where have you been?" Lolu, sweaty and exhausted, asks me when I am seated.

"Lunch break." I state, monotonous.

"You don't strike me as someone who had any lunch during the lunch break." He ends the starement with air quotes at the lunch break.

"Look, Lolu. I don't see how that should be of concern to you, for one. Secondly, it's not written on the forehead whether or not I ate lunch. Thirdly, you are creepy." He just chuckles and shrugs.

"I got this for you. Don't thank me. Bye." He winks and leaves me to myself. The aroma from the food pack on the table makes my stomach growl, more indication of how badly my lunch break was utilised. Thankful that Lolu did this, I pick up the pack and hurriedly walk to lunch room.

There, Tania and Hailey are seated, no doubt exchanging office gossip.

"Bukky! You're just eating?" They ask. And how is this their business?

"Yeah. Had so much on my plate during lunch." They exchange looks between themselves. Tania was the one to speak after.

"We checked on you but you weren't at your seat."