Chapter 28.

BUKOLA

Upon the mentally exhausting weekend, I had to dress up to work the day, faking smiles throughout the day. What I really want to do is sneak into a quite place and cry my eyes out.

Aminu had some important investor's meeting to attend at Sheraton, so he hasn't been at work since the beginning of today.

"Hope you're not at work." His message comes in. Talk about coincidence.

"I am."

"To my office now." He says and I huff.

"Okay." I text back. After observing my environment, I quietly slip out of my seat.

"I was just looking for you." Lolu magically appears in front of me. I just smack my forehead, annoyed.

"Please excuse me. I need to be somewhere now." I state.

"Come on."

"Please. I'm not in the mood for all these right now." I state, rolling my eyes and walk away.

"Have you had anything to eat today?" Was the first question Aminu threw my way the moment I got into his office.

"Don't feel like." I shrug off and surprisingly make my way to where he is. Sitting on his lap, I snuggle into his chest while he chuckles.

"What does my wifey want to eat?" Je asks.

"Nothing. I'm okay this way." I snuggle deeper into his arms.

"Sir, the order is here." Her voice becomes strained when her eyes meet my form. I tried to stand up but guess Aminu has other plans.

"Alright. Bring it in. My wife is getting impatient." He state and I smack his hand. What happened to mot announcing us? And why did this busy body come in here without knocking?

"Alright, Sir."

"Is that how she does not knock when coming into your office?"

"Is that jealousy I detect in your voice, wifey?" He asks with a grin.

"No." I state.

"Thought as much." He is kissing my head when she walks in again, rolling her eyes. This one is senseless. She is lucky her boss did not see her and I'm in a very sullen mood today.

"I had a hunch that you would protest against eating. It's why I placed an order the moment I confirmed you were in the building."

"I actually do not feel like eating." I shrug. Stretching, I take a piece of the chicken. I hear Aminu groan as he places his both hands on my hips. After taking a big bite of it, I give him a goofy grin. I catch him biting on his lips. My eyes follow the move before staring back at him. He erupts into a fit of giggles while his shoulder shakes uncontrollably.

"Gratitude thrown my way will not hurt, you know." He finally speaks.

"Thank you." I feel the seat slide backward before he gets up with me in his arms. Walking temptation. I hear him softly mutter.

At the close of work, I bid goodbye to everyone and proceed to our meet-up location. I didn't invite Tee for obvious reasons.

"What's up?" Farida asks when we are finally settled in.

"I called both of you her for a reason." I state.

"Obviously." She points out and Emmy gives her the eye.

"I have a son." They are both stunned, sipping on their smoothies.

"Since when?" Emmy asks.

"Since almost two decades now. Jide is my son."