Chapter 8.

First of all, thank you!
Thank you for listening to me.

I am really appreciative.

I am supposed to have updated since but I'm a Chef! Asides Engineering, that is. This end of year, office get-togethers got me swamped. So sorry.

Right now, exhaustion is written on my face and I thought I'd pass out today but I said I must update my family today.

So here we are.
CHAPTER EIGHT, Y'ALL!😍😍😍

Two months later...

BUKOLA

Until mom made it a mission to frustrate my efforts or always flash my unmarried state in my face, when I picture myself walking down the aisle, it was to the love of my life.

Not like I had any, anyways. However, a girl is allowed to dream, right? I always imagined my groom beaming at me with love radiating off his gaze. Definitely not this. My imaginations definitely did not involve me going into a loveless marriage.

I guess karma did have a way of resurfacing in my life. A funny way of coming back to bite me in the ass! The fact that I am getting married today is rather unbelievable to me. It just feels like any other normal day. Major difference is that I'm signing off the rest of my life to this man.

When dad finally walks me up to him, he takes me in his arms and hugs he tightly, a tear slipping from his eyes.

"You know, a father knows." He looks between the both of us and whispers.

"Dad, I'm happy." He is not convinced, I know that.

"Alright. Then I finally give my blessings." Dad has basically been worried about me getting married since our visit at the house. I know it's not the attachment dads have with their daughters. It's more of a deep concern rooted from the genuine love we both share.

"Thank you, daddy." Even on the day slated for me to be wedded, I still can't help being a daddy's girl. He finally lets go of me and walks back to take his seat.

On the other hand, mom has been oblivous to my mood and basically every other thing going on asides planning the wedding. Countless times, she had clashes with Aminu's mom. That 'Hausa' mother in law of yours is what she refers to her as. .

In this part of the world where it is often said that a woman not only marries a man but also his family, a mother that cares would be concerned about her daughter's welfare post marriage seeing Aminu's mom's attitude. My own is surprisingly unbothered.

The Pastor's voice gets me off my train of thoughts to focus on the present.

Behind me, Tee and Farida are all giddy and mushy. They are genuinely happy for me and I feel so guilty ever being envious of them. Thankfully, nobody catches the scowl on my face since it is draped with a veil.

I am very uninterested in everything going on around me that time flies so fast to both of us exchanging vows.

"....I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Aminu walks closer to me and I'm a little taken aback when he leans in to lift my veil to cover both of us with it again. He cups my face and kisses me at the corner of my face. The crowd cheers, obviously moved by our deceit.

From afar, it is as though we kissed. However, we did not. Now I understand why we had to be hidden under my veil.

"See how shy you both were." Farida teases.

"I am so happy for you, sweetie." Tee gushes.

"May I steal her from you?" One would think he is enamoured with me. I know better.